PDA

View Full Version : they just do not get closer than this!

Snapshot
12th Apr 2002, 14:45
I would have said this is Snapshot's One for the weekend caption competition but the photograph itself is awesome.

This was sent to me from a South African Police mate. Don't know who took it but a brave man none the less.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/buccaneer/cessna.jpg
Snapshot

sprucemoose
12th Apr 2002, 15:04
If my memory serves me right, this is an old picture taken by a National Geographic snapper, and I think it was more coincidence than "Cohones"!

Not as brave as a short person I heard tell of who took on a Herc at South Cerney. Well, he was short afterwards!

Skylark4
12th Apr 2002, 20:26
The snapper obviously used a v high speed shutter. Just look at the driver(?) He`s agood six feet off the ground with his legs going around like Roadrunner in the cartoon.

Mike W

Ivchenko
14th Apr 2002, 21:44
Snaps

What is it with you and pix of the aeroplane/car interface:rolleyes:

Cheers

Ivchenko (formerly AeroStar2)

Snapshot
14th Apr 2002, 23:57
Hello dude,
Yeah nice one. How did it go in South Africa?
Snaps

Talking Radalt
16th Apr 2002, 18:03
...I do hope that's a mover and his truck getting a large dose of come-uppance :cool:

Whipping Boy's SATCO
16th Apr 2002, 19:44
I hope he had airside insurance.

The Claw
16th Apr 2002, 21:02
Wondered what happend to you boetie! Nice one!:)

STANDTO
17th Apr 2002, 21:02
Nice one!

By the way, did you get my Lightning artwork I sent to Avcollect? Still want to know if it is any good.

Have you released any thunder city snaps yet?

Rattus
17th Apr 2002, 23:18
"From far end of strip... right 5 metres... target is small truck on edge of gully... confirm visual" :D

Who has control?
18th Apr 2002, 07:08
"I said 'flare at the HEIGHT of a bus - not AT the bus!!"

nosefirsteverytime
18th Apr 2002, 19:39
*sheepishly puts up hand*

Ummm, sorry lads, that one was mine. Well, the name had to come from somewhere.....

Snapshot
19th Apr 2002, 08:33
The Claw,
Hoe gaan dit china? trust you are drinking plenty of Castle beer
and scorching the wors in this fine lekker rooinek weather weve been having?
Ivor sent me some photographs from the waterfront last week with two helo pilots in Bell's (pick n pay all over them) decided to tie a bungie type rope between the two heli's (on the skids) and wanted to get some stunt tight rope walker to walk along the rope......they got the
shock of their lives ........"dynamic rollover, mast bumping and the
like....1 x Bell Jetranger Helicopter $ 800 000.00
Price of second Bell Helicopter $ 600 000.00
Tightrope $ 150.00

STANDTO,

Hi dude, I havent had any art work from you, do you mean via post or email? Sorry not been in touch, been a little preoccupied with a few things recently and have also have a few emails being lost in cyber space, though have not found out why yet. Try again and I'll let you now if I get it.

Snapshot

Flap62
19th Apr 2002, 12:58
Snapshot - have you ever heard of E-mail?

STANDTO
19th Apr 2002, 18:06
Snappers

Sent 2 sample jpegs last night to your avcollect email address. Hope they turned up!