PDA

View Full Version : Info on Jet Aviation

rigid2000
8th Nov 2012, 15:18
Fellow aviators,

An easy straight forward question.

Is there anybody out there flying for Jet Aviation if so please send me a PM.

Also, if people have some information about the job please post it here. Im not interested in someone bad mouthing the company, nor info on salary or roster (that I already know). I would like to know if the guys flying there are happy and if it is a safe and professional company that takes care of their crew.

Obviously I would prefer a first hand source.

Hope anyone can help.

Regards,

Rigid

FlyMD
8th Nov 2012, 18:17
Jet Aviation where? Switzerland? I worked for them on various airplanes for 5 years and they treated me right. Serious training above and beyond the legal requirements, good firewall between the customer and the crew when needed, and once we had the flight duty regs on the private ops, they were enforced. Nothing bad to say about this company, except that they missed the chance to modernize their ops and sales during the good times and are now paying dearly for it. But that's beside the point if you are crew. I give them full marks from my personal experience.

rigid2000
9th Nov 2012, 08:18
Hi FlyMD,

Thanks very much for that, thats basically what I needed to know.

Kind regards,

Rigid

Savoia
9th Nov 2012, 09:06
My father was a friend of Carl Hirschmann (Sr) and as a youngster I got to visit their operations in Basel many many times.

The Hirschmann family were highly committed to cultivating a successful and professional operation and which, in my view, they clearly achieved.

As you know, in 2005 they were bought by the Permira Fund and which is when I felt one began to see changes (not all of them positive) in JA's management style.

In 2008 General Dynamics bought JA and I've been told that under their ownership the management structure has improved somewhat. But, as you know, this also meant that JA became something of a pawn for Gulfstream even as Bombardier often seeks to polarise ExecuJet in favour of their products.

Operationally JA still maintains a good reputation (in Europe). I'm not so familiar with their US operations but have visited their Middle East bases which are efficient but exist on a much smaller scale to those in Europe.

rigid2000
9th Nov 2012, 17:43
Thanks for that Savoia, appreciate it. Useful information.

They seem like a sound and professional operation from what I know at the moment, not bad at all.

If anybody has any other information dont hesitate to share.

Regards,

Rigid

rigid2000
13th Nov 2012, 15:04
Anymore info anyone?

Rigid