PDA

View Full Version : Editing contacts list with Hotmail

TZ350
8th Nov 2012, 09:55
Hotmail have recently changed the layout of the " Contacts " list and there doesn't seem any way to edit or delete . The old system of alphabetical listing ( A to Z ) has gone, the contacts list is now continuous and when I click on a contact name it only comes up with the info ( phone #'s, addresses, etc) that were on the old system, there is no provision that I can find to edit or delete.

Contact with MS have produced no response, likewise Googling. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Bushfiva
8th Nov 2012, 10:09
Do you mean the menu bar is missing? Organize>Layout>Menu Bar, then you should be able to sort, edit & delete.

green granite
8th Nov 2012, 10:29
When I open contacts from the dropdown options under 'Hotmail' at the top of the page, it opens a new page with the contacts down the left-hand side and a red menu bar across the top labelled 'people' and offers new and manage, when I click on a contact it open the contacts details and the menu bar options increase to offer edit delete and groups.

TZ350
8th Nov 2012, 16:35
" Do you mean the menu bar is missing? Organize>Layout>Menu Bar, then you should be able to sort, edit & delete. "

I think you are meaning the menu bar that should appear when you open
" Contacts " ?

I get the contacts down the LH side and the red bar across the top, ( like green granite said ) but the bar only has two avatar type images in it. Under the bar it has my christian name and to the right " Contacts " . When I click on a contact, a blue bar appears with " Profile " and whatever info I had previously entered against the contact in addition to the email address. No menu bar options to offer edit delete and groups appear.

Just thought, I'm running FF, could that have anything to do with it ?

At the bottom of the contacts page I get ;

*********** ( my handle)

Sign out | PC site

© 2012 Microsoft

Privacy | Terms | Report abuse

(http://g.live.com/8seskydrive/privacy)

green granite
8th Nov 2012, 17:37
I too am running FF, check NoScript or Addblocker is not blocking things.

TZ350
9th Nov 2012, 22:06
I went to an internet cafe and logged in, got the contacts pages as you described.

I've got No Script disabled overall and disabled Adblock on the Hotmail contacts page, but no difference. At least I can edit if needed on another machine.
I noticed that the IE page has that :mad: Bing rubbish toolbar on it, maybe I should get rid of that and see what happens on IE.

Many thanks for your help.:ok: