PDA

View Full Version : Combining flight training/renewals

felixflyer
5th Nov 2012, 09:51
Hi

over the next couple of months I need to do an FAA BFR, an EASA MEP Renewal and my EASA night qualification.

Is there any way of combining any of these to make it less expensive and less hassle?

Regards

sapperkenno
7th Nov 2012, 13:09
There might be...
Failing that, I can do your Flight Review in a C150 or C172 at a reasonable price in the North of England. I can also recommend AFT (Advanced Flight Training) at Sherburn for the EASA stuff.
Probably best doing them separate, or some dual-rated joker will probably try and charge you £500 in instructional fees and making out like they are doing you a favour.

Another_CFI
7th Nov 2012, 20:18
If you can find an FAA CFI/CFII who is also an CAA/JAA/EASA examiner qualified to renew/revalidate your MEP then combining the BFR and renewal/revalidation flights would save money.

Undertaking the night qualification would most cheaply done in a SEP. If you have a night qualification and simply want to become current then it would be cheaper to combine this with the BFR and MEP revalidation/renewal.

Pace
8th Nov 2012, 07:20
Try Bill Tollet at Oxford! Not sure if he is still working or now retired but one great guy and not expensive. A call to Oxford will get you the contact as he is well known there.

Pace