PDA

View Full Version : ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0

Nightstop
12th Apr 2002, 07:05
Anyone else having problems with ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 removing functionality from airline booking websites :confused: I have to switch off the ZAP 3.0 Cookie and Ad blocking controls completely in order to get these sites to work. ZoneLabs say they're looking into the Privacy controls blocking some websites but I'm not impressed, I would have stayed with the free version if I'd known this :(

G.Khan
13th Apr 2002, 01:51
Yup - exactly that, couldn't properly access an airline booking site and could not post or edit in PPRuNe until it was all disabled.

HandyAndy
13th Apr 2002, 02:21
I was reading a site on security today and others have expressed similar problems. Unless you have special configuration needs or want to configure programs in a certain manner (restricting certain apps to certain ports, for example) ZA free is just fine.

Although some people have no problems with 3.0 Pro, some do.
This is a bit late for you now I know, but anyone else thinking of upping their version may wish to hold off for a bit.

If you do decide to go back to the free version, I understand there is a bit of fiddling involved, but ZA should help if you get stuck.

FL310
13th Apr 2002, 12:31
the 3.0 version has also a lot of network problems...waiting for several replies from ZA but it looks like an upgrade will have to be released to fix the bugs...