PDA

View Full Version : GA pilot Moving to Republic of Ireland, advice?

BOZR_DOUGIE
4th Nov 2012, 21:33
Hey,

I am moving for a job in Dublin, and well being a JAA PPL (now EASA?) holder I still want to do my flying in Ireland . Probably from Weston.

I am a little confused, is my current UK CAA issued licence valid on an EI tail aircraft in ireland, or do I have to get an Irish validation onto it ? I plan to do a complex conversion so how would I get additional ratings and SEP revaluations done?

I have tried to find stuff out, but I am struggling to get a clear answer with the EASA changes.

Has anyone done something similar?

Thanks

Ewan

irish seaplane
6th Nov 2012, 17:48
Your licence will be fine, just book in with National Flight Centre in Weston and go buy your instructor coffee afterwards. You'll get all the answers in short order. No difficulty in adding ratings, or revalidations either.

flybymike
6th Nov 2012, 23:16
Dublinpilot of these forums will probably be able to offer helpful general advice on flying over the bogs if he is not too busy being oppressed by the British in the potato fields...;)

jollyrog
7th Nov 2012, 06:18
Your UK JAR licence won't show your English Language Proficiency level. The IAA don't like that, so you should get a letter from the CAA that states you have a Level 6 and keep it with your licence.

The CAA will issue the letter free of charge, if you email them at [email protected]

If you are one of the many though who were granted a level 4 some years ago and haven't done anything about it, you will find that it's now expired and you don't have any proficiency, so you'll need to update to level 6 before sending that email.

Other than that, there isn't a problem.