PDA

View Full Version : Lay over in France and Tax

Miles Magister
2nd Nov 2012, 12:22
Guys,

I recently mentioned to a friend that I had seen a press article about the French having some rules about foreign registered aircraft and foreign crews laying over for more that 2 weeks in France and tax. However I can not find any reference to the article now.

Do any of you guys have any knowledge of such rules or problems?

Many thanks

MM

Gavno
2nd Nov 2012, 13:38
Never heard of that !...regarding the high number of foreign acfts constantly parked in Nice,Cannes....I think by now I would be aware of it.
There is a big difference if you are by contract based in France then your company as to comply to the french regs (see easyjet,cityjet,netjets stories).

Don't worry they have bigger fishes to catch...:mad:

what next
2nd Nov 2012, 17:23
Hello!

Do you mean Italy maybe? At the beginning of this year they introduced a law by which after 2 _days_ in the country a substantial luxury tax would apply to all private aircraft - domestic and foreign. After many protests this has been changed to 45 days.

Never heard anything similar from France.

His dudeness
3rd Nov 2012, 07:35
I think the french try or tried to get VAT for non EU reg aircraft they suspect of being owned by an european owner (or so I heard).
AFAIK especially N regs got their fair share of douane checks in LFPB etc. Dunno wether this continues or not...

maybe this helps?

http://www.pprune.org/6577498-post14.html