PDA

View Full Version : Coopers Aerial Surveys

yachtpilot
1st Nov 2012, 14:38
For some reason the Coopers thread has disappeared..

Coopers filed for bankruptcy 1st Oct.
Cited: Financial problems dating back to 1995 re: payments of a/c leases
Tel./Fax etc cease to operate.

N707ZS
1st Nov 2012, 16:33
Any idea what effect this has had on Wickenby?

krohmie
1st Nov 2012, 17:04
Thread is here: http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/301184-cooper-aerial-surveys.html

chanter
2nd Nov 2012, 14:00
So Yachtpilot, where and when was this pearl of wisdom published?

Getting your facts wrong and then banging it on an internet forum can cause untold damage, but then you probably don't give a s**t.

This maybe a "rumor network" but try to get your two brain cells to work in harmony and think hard before posting tripe.

MungoP
2nd Nov 2012, 15:09
Have a look at this...

COOPER AERIAL SURVEYS LIMITED of WF17 9EJ in BATLEY WEST YORKSHIRE (http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/cooper-aerial-surveys)

And explain why the phones are not working

yachtpilot
2nd Nov 2012, 21:33
Chanter..
I understand your bitterness but I'm only posting what I understand to be the truth.. It's way beyond being a rumour.

It gives me no pleasure to know that a company is going out of business.. any company, and especially not an aviation company in these tough times.

If Coopers manage to resurrect themselves I'll be cheering along with the rest.. Their operation in the time that I knew them was geared toward ensuring that the family lived like Kings.. I knew maintenance guys on salary there that were borrowing from relatives to stay afloat financially..
The problem with family owned businesses can be a lack of oversight. As a contractor it was tough enough getting paid but for those on salary there really was no excuse for them to suffer.

I would be extremely happy to know that somehow they will survive.. I would happily fly for them again if I thought that I could depend on being paid.. and especially on time. I loved the work and have great memories of the people I flew with.. and are still friends today..

hval
2nd Nov 2012, 22:38
Well Chanter,

Yachtpilot would certainly appear to be correct. Do you know something that that perhaps you should notify Companies House about?

Maybe you owe Yachtpilot an apology; wouldn't you agree? After all I really do not think that Companies House (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/c4471c831c43979fd12ff9f6a11a9827/companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1351895813&#result)would have their information wrong, do you?

chanter
3rd Nov 2012, 09:31
Yacht pilot,

Please accept my sincere apologies for my response to your original post.

The only mitigating factor I can submit is that a company I worked with 8 years ago suffered significant commercial damage through a post on an Internet forum and caused a load of heartache. So to see a similar post without a link or reference touched a raw nerve.

Once again my sincere apologies.

Chanter

tommoutrie
3rd Nov 2012, 13:37
thats a first.. an actual apology!

hval
3rd Nov 2012, 21:16
Chanter deserves praise for apologising, well done.

StressFree
4th Nov 2012, 07:36
Chanter,

Fair play, well done, it's takes a lot of guts to publically apologise. Good for you, best regards.

noneya
4th Nov 2012, 11:22
:D:D:D Chanter

J

yachtpilot
5th Nov 2012, 04:45
Chanter.. appreciate the sentiments.. As I said.. it gives me no pleasure to know of the demise of Coopers and my sympathies go out to their staff who I imagine have shown considerable loyalty to the company.. my best wishes to all of them.. and thanks for the apology..

gliderguy86
8th May 2014, 20:08
Having worked for coopers for some period of time i feel somewhat qualified to set some of these rumors straight.

Since the mid 90s there was always two companies, cooper aerial surveys, and cooper aerial surveys engineering. One responsible for the flying operations and the other dealing with the maintenance. in the early mid 00s the operations of the aerial survey side of the business changed considerably with the introduction of digital cameras and satellite technology and eventually came smaller and smaller. As that happened, the maintenance operation was ramped up a little, more 3rd party work was done also with maintenance contracts for other aerial survey company's.

In 2012 or 13 the aerial survey company (not engineering) was wound down closed (i cant comment on how this was done or any financial situation, im not privy to this information nor am i obliged to comment on what i do know) and everyone employed by cooper aerial surveys were transferred to the engineering company with continuing employment.

As it stands now, cooper aerial surveys engineering is still in business and still maintaining aircraft with Part M subpart F and G approvals however they run an increasingly small operation as gerry gears up to retirement. He is in his early 70s, after all.

On another note, i can tell you that there attitude for paying there employees (from my personal experience), for a good few years before the end of my employment, was impeccable and i couldn't fault it. Also, Wickenby is not owned by coopers, though a family member is involved, there is no link between the two companies.