PDA

View Full Version : Naips on iPhone

1st Nov 2012, 08:13
Anyone else having issues with NAIPS on iPhone?

It's telling me my username login etc is incorrect. I have changed and updated my Naips usernames and passwords etc on both the Naips website and in the app settings.

Anyone else having issues??

22k.

QFF
1st Nov 2012, 09:01
I received an email from Airservices saying, amongst other things:

"The access through the firewall for 3rd party application software systems has failed. Our network and firewall techs are currently resolving this."

So I presume this is why NAIPS on iphone isn't working...

AerodyManic
1st Nov 2012, 09:21
Have a read here.

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/492158-naips-naips-windows-ais-met-changes.html

I believe the Naips iphone guys have just launched an update which is available through the app store. But it is not fully functional....yet!

Hope this helps

Jabawocky
1st Nov 2012, 09:39
New NAIPS app from the OzRunways boys works fine! :ok:

peterc005
1st Nov 2012, 09:45
An updates NAIPS app is available thru the Apple Apps Store.

NAIPS is a small, simple app - but probably the most essential for Australian aviation. It has a specific task to achieve and does it very well.

Shagpile
1st Nov 2012, 09:51
A few bugs have come up that I'll fix in a week or so. Biggest is passwords.

If you change your password to 7 digits, it may not work. A workaround is if you change your password with Airservices then put 'asa' on the end, such as:

1234asa

EDIT - Fixed on our server....you don't need to do anything special. Life now continues as normal :)

1st Nov 2012, 10:52
Thanks guys, for some reason it has come good now, not sure what was wrong but I'm connected again. Mystery...

Shagpile
1st Nov 2012, 11:16
Yeah we changed some settings so it works for everybody again.

Pretzal
1st Nov 2012, 12:00
Very well done guys. Very impressive that you've responded so quickly to this. Thanks very much

1st Nov 2012, 13:21
Yeah thanks Shagga!!

Jay Bo
2nd Nov 2012, 01:25
Shagpile, still can't submit flight plan.
Can get weather etc.. Says no Internet connection or check login details. Anyone still having problems
Avplan submits and is accepted but NAIPS isn't.

Shagpile
2nd Nov 2012, 02:18
Yes NAIPS app may be having problems with flight plans. I also cannot submit any on the Airservices website either.

Chaos #sigh

Feather #3
2nd Nov 2012, 05:17
Ensure you've updated the login and password data for NAIPS on the iPhone.

Took a couple of goes for me to sort, but ok now.

G'day ;)

uncopilot
9th Nov 2012, 02:01
Any word on when stored file function on NAIPS for iPhone will be available again. Recently disappeared with an upgrade. Maybe not so many of us using it but it was a great feature that saves a call to the briefing office every day.

Capn Bloggs
9th Nov 2012, 03:27
You're being SQUEEZED! :}

Shagpile
9th Nov 2012, 06:02
Next update will make flight plans work again.

Update after will bring back cancel/amend + support for new flight plan format.

Hopefully 3rd update will bring back other stuff.

SpyderPig
9th Nov 2012, 07:41
Mine has been working fine since the update however I can't save area forecasts after I read them. That's my only complaint, other than that the scramble work you guys have done to fix has been great:) remains the best app I've bought;)

baswell
11th Nov 2012, 23:16
3.0.1 just hit the App store, get your update now!

Flight plan submission works again now. We can only hope that in 3 days time it will still work, such is life working with Airservices...

Rowan will be submitting another update to Apple today which has all the new fields.

peterc005
12th Nov 2012, 02:26
NAIPS for the iPhone was broken and kept throwing error messages about not being able to login to the Airservices. Wouldn't work with any combination of 4 or 7 character passwords.

Got update thru iTunes this morning and all appears fine now. Must have been due to changes to the new Airservices web service.

NAIPS for iPhone has become almost essential for aviation and caused some swearing on the weekend when it was broken.

kalavo
22nd Feb 2014, 12:54
A year on flight planning still seems mostly broken :(

Just to name a few...

Can't ammend second or subsequent stages if first stage is past departure time.

Saved aircraft/saved route forgets majority of details (IFR, Operator, GPSRNAV, etc.)

Export from Ozrunways seems to send the first waypoint as the first route identifier instead of DCT (which can't be modified, so can't fix it to submit it!) and no option to save REG/ being different to callsign.