PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra airport - parking & landing fees

65er
31st Oct 2012, 00:36
I see Sunshine Coast Council, in their wisdom, are set to impose parking and landing fees as from 8 Nov 2012.
Could be some interesting times coming ......

Fris B. Fairing
31st Oct 2012, 06:03
Well it has to be better than closing the place.

Rgds

MakeItHappenCaptain
31st Oct 2012, 12:16
Might get rid of some of the crap cluttering up the parking line,
LIKE THAT FRICKING JABAPOO THAT'S BEEN TAKING UP THE SAME SPOT FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS AFTER IT HAD AN ENGINE FAILURE NEAR LANDSBOROUGH BECAUSE THE OWNER IS TOO TIGHT TO EITHER FIX IT AT HOME OR GET A FCUKING HANGER!!!
Bloody wings only went back on a year ago.:rolleyes:

That being said, maybe they could invest in more security to help with the avgas thieves? Sort of thing makes you want to go and wait on a Fri/Sat evening with a pick axe handle.....:E

Jabawocky
31st Oct 2012, 12:22
MIHC

You and I have crossed words once or twice, but all that behind us......When do you want to do the stakeout?

I can bring a big strong 17 year old 3rd Dan TKD weapon with me.....just for our security of course! :ok:

Sadly, the fees will not result in improvements, and only drive folk away!:uhoh:

MakeItHappenCaptain
31st Oct 2012, 13:32
Don't need him.
I got my own belts and 10 years cleaning out bars after closing time.:E

Did hear rumours of an expansion in the works at CDR a little while back.
Air thrashers (helis) over the far side (closer to Pelican Waters, mwah...ha...ha...), taxiway...

Maybe that's being funded?

Fris B. Fairing
31st Oct 2012, 20:23
It's all here folks:

Caloundra Aerodrome Draft Master Plan (http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/sitePage.cfm?code=cal-areo-draft-mp)

There's some interesting stuff in it like recognition that the aerodrome was there first.

Rgds