PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for Emirates engineering application

tigger52
28th Oct 2012, 13:25
Hi,
Hope this isnt duplicated elsewhere on this site, I have two questions regarding Emirates applications,
1. I have been an aircraft tig welder for many years (Rolls Royce trained) held both 1st and 2nd party stamps for most of that time and have worked for 99% of the time involved with aircraft, currently manufacturing wing systems parts for Airbus, worked in the region for around 10 years in Oman and Bahrain.
Ive also held stamps for just about every exotic aerospace material you could think of !
After nearly 4 years of applying for posts, never had a sniff, any help or advice would be most welcome
thanks.
2. how do I get the point across that in my trade you are not type rated on aircraft but on materials, issuing authorities are/were Rolls Royce/Airbus and the Royal air force of Oman.

Please help, I really want to get there !

chest rockwel
2nd Nov 2012, 15:46
What capacity are you expecting/hoping to go in as? If it's as a licensed engineer role I'd recommend getting a b1 licence along with a few types.

tigger52
2nd Nov 2012, 18:46
Hi thanks for the reply,
The posts I have applied for are with both Emirates and Dnata workshops as an aircraft welder, as previously mentioned in the second part of my post how would I go about getting type rated in my trade?, I did manage to chat with the Emirates recruitment manager at a seminar in Cardiff and she couldn't quite get in her head what I was on about, I explained again that in my trade I am rated on aircraft materials not aircraft type, eg nimonic 90 is the same on an A380 as it is on any other manufacturers engines, and so authorised for repairs etc on a/c components of that material regardless of the manufacturer.......... does any of this make any sense lol .........or am I missing something obvious ?

TinyTim2
2nd Nov 2012, 21:51
Unfortunately most technicians , qualified or not are from asia , for the simple reason of money . The only way most Europeans would work in the middle or Far East is as an Lae , or as QA or Training or management .

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear , but its tue nonetheless !!

tigger52
3rd Nov 2012, 08:03
Thanks tinytim,

basically you have confirmed what I suspected all along, seems its best concentrating on getting back to the military sector. tho I'll keep an eye on emirates just in case !

chest rockwel
5th Nov 2012, 02:09
Yes that is correct what Tim said, now even if you are licensed with multiple types, its quite difficult to get work in Asia especially the far east, compared to a few yrs ago.

Hope you get what you are seeking eventually, remember what is for us won't pass us :-)

station360
27th Nov 2012, 08:42
You,ll love it!!