PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a PPL Student in Florida

cleared-touch-and-go
27th Oct 2012, 13:11
I am a Private Pilot based in Manchester, UK.

I did my PPL at OFT in Florida a couple of years ago.

Conditions and things out of my control have meant that I couldn't go straight into my ATPL, IR, CPL - not only that but I am in danger of forgetting all the theory I learned as it is not put into practice as much as I would like.

Therefore, I am going to revisit my studies and write about each part of the PPL syllabus in a blog on Tumblr. I hope anybody at the start of their journey reads it and gets something out of it. I remember before I started flying, I read the diary of someone who was completing their training and I became addicted to it because I loved flying and learning and couldnt wait to get involved.

Writing a 'blog' will hopefully benefit a few of you reading this post. It will also help me and give me an avenue to "brush up" on knowledge that I can slowly feel slipping away.

Hope you enjoy. As I have pointed out in my first blog post, it is important for me to point out that I am NOT a teacher, just a lad who has completed his PPL and is hoping to pass on some useful information to anyone starting out. Please don't treat what I say as the gospel truth - your instructor is a better pilot that me and knows a hell of a lot more so enjoy reading me, but listen to him/her.

Follow my blog at

The Flying Mancunian (http://theflyingmancunian.tumblr.com/)

Thanks and enjoy.