View Full Version : Indonesian Class 1

che ci dō che ci dō!
26th Oct 2012, 14:09
I've to go through an Indonesian class 1 for the validation of my JAA ATPL and I was wandering what kind of exams I'll have to go through.
Is it as tough as in other Asian countries or is it something similar to JAR?

Massey058
26th Oct 2012, 16:23
Do you mean just the Class 1 Medical or do you mean also converting to a Indonesian CPL/ATPL

A First Class Medical has to be done every 6 months and can only be done at the DGCA Medical Centre in Kemayoran except if you work for Garuda where they do them at their own facility.

It generally takes half a day and you do the rounds depending on your age. A chest X-ray is done annually as TB is still a major issue in Indonesia. Generally you will do blood and urine test, eye exam, audiometry, dental check and lastly the general physical exam with the Doctor.

As for the Licence itself, it's more akin the FAA system and it's generally a general exam in addition to radio telephony.

brasmelzuit
26th Oct 2012, 17:26
Garuda's crew also do it at the same place. They're no longer allowed to do their own medical exam since 2008/2009..can't remeber the exact date

rotatejunkie
26th Oct 2012, 17:48
If I understand your question clearly:-

The answer is NO, they do not do drugs testing. :D

che ci dō che ci dō!
26th Oct 2012, 20:31
...I had cancer 1 year ago, now ok with my JAA class 1 back and I was wondering if I could get through an Indonesian class 1 as in China, Japan and even India this would be impossible.