PDA

View Full Version : draper has gone....

fantom
11th Apr 2002, 17:20
where is the man? what will become of JB without the oracle? is he ill? is his 'puter? who knows the truth?:(

AA SLF
11th Apr 2002, 18:32
Last I saw of Tony Draper was about 0800 GMT last Friday morning 5-April. His login name was showing in the "listing" of logins at the top of the Forum listing.

I surely miss his wit and I, too, have been wondering what happened to him.

If you are out there Mr. D, please come back and participate.

-dAAvid

AerBabe
11th Apr 2002, 18:34
Don't fret! I saw him about an hour ago in Computer/Internet Issues. :)

somewhatconcerned
11th Apr 2002, 19:24
I look forward to him finding inspiraion again, it was his 'Cheese Racing' thread that started me off Jet Blasting full time.

(so blame him;) )

flapsforty
11th Apr 2002, 19:29
fantom, not to worry .
Your mate is, by his own words: "grafting, making a crust".
He was also almost blown up by his own PC the other day.
:eek: :eek:

However, he survived & we are all supremely grateful! :D :D

fantom
11th Apr 2002, 19:52
pity.:p

THE PIPELINE
11th Apr 2002, 20:30
Get back to Jet Blast Draper, i still remember being more than a little concerned by "Help, Pilot Broke"....

tony draper
11th Apr 2002, 22:04
Been busy this last fortnight peeps,some real cash money work comin in,also been building new puter for self and clagging old inards of mine into brothers puter, and making up spare with the bits from that one.
Small hound has been very demanding also.
Back now all webbed up.:rolleyes:

briteandbreezy
11th Apr 2002, 22:10
~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~

:) WELCOME BACK TONY!!!!! :)

I've been worrying me head off 'bout ya!!!!!!!!! :(

Sooooooo glad ya safe an' healthy........

..we've missed ya soooooooo much!!! ;)

~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~

somewhatconcerned
11th Apr 2002, 22:57
Almost became worried about you. Try not to let real life get in the way too often:D

Capt Vegemite
11th Apr 2002, 23:36
FLOOZY ! :p

AA SLF
11th Apr 2002, 23:46
TD -

G re a t that you are back!! -dAAvid
:D ;)

18-Wheeler
12th Apr 2002, 00:54
Hi Tony, good to hear that the computer is being upgraded.
And the hound is still under control! :)

Tricky Woo
12th Apr 2002, 10:14
Humph, why does he get all the attention?

And where's me sodding fish icon, Uncle Danny?

TW

briteandbreezy
12th Apr 2002, 11:25
CaptVege........

AM NORRA FLOOZIE!!!!!!! :( :mad: :eek:

TrickyWoo........

Gerrin the queue.... ya can have ya yella fish back off Uncle Danny when I've got me heart!!!! ;) :p

Tartan Gannet
12th Apr 2002, 11:29
Glad the Sage of Newcastle is still about.

Now folks, as the Gannet has decided to opt out of the rat race and take a 3 or 4 month break commencing 3rd May 2002 from being a wage slave, (living off of Capital for a bit- sod the Dole!), then here comes the bad news. Im afraid that JB will probably have to put up with more of my musings.

(Cut to Intellectuals, Blairites, the Politically Correct, Probation Officers, Criminal Defense Lawyers, Guardian Readers, Feminists, etc, throwing themselves out of windows) .

Seriously though, the source of all my worries now being eliminated, my job , at least till I start back to work week commencing 9th Sept 2002 and thereafter, and being off the "Happy Pills" (no longer needed), I dont think you will have to suffer many polemics. You all know my views by now on the controversial issues, so Ill spare you the grief. I decided to remove the cause, rather treat the symptoms and have jacked in working for a while. (once my 4 weeks notice has elapsed). For the first time since leaving school and still having my mental and corporeal faculties I intend to enjoy a break.

So nice to see TD still about, wah hey tha lads!

TW, still bleating about that sodding fish? I thought Huggy e-mailed you a nice big animated shark in its place. Id like a Cat smilie a bit like Felix in the adverts, but there aint one. Be content, or why not start a thread about how to make Bonsai Children or the like, that's sure to set the heather blazing!

Pax Vobiscum!

16 days to leaving The Toil and counting! :) :) :)

Moritz Suter
12th Apr 2002, 11:58
Imagine my surprise, Mr. Gannet, to find this, your post announcing an imminent and protracted vacation, bares the number of The Beast! Did you cleverly engineer this intentionally, and if so, do we have something to fear from your forthcoming wealth of spare time?

MS.

Unwell_Raptor
12th Apr 2002, 12:25
I think that Tartan G has left it too late for revelations.

His Weltanschauung is pretty much sorted out by now.

OzExpat
12th Apr 2002, 12:48
Ummm, sorry Mr Draper... what were you saying...?:D

Paterbrat
12th Apr 2002, 18:42
Ahh Mr D. I just happened to be in the forum that I occasionaly lurk in the other day and saw that you had been having a problem with your hard disc.
I have all sort of problems with my pathetic attempts to grapple with the computer age and lurch miserabely around trying to grasp esoteric concepts that are generaly quite beyond me. I so far have managed to lose not inconsiderable ammounts of info and have learnt to distrust the various experts to whom I have gone for enlightenment and assistance.
The language spoken is of course generaly incomprehensible and then they get to work with rapidfire keystokes. Hmming and haaring they'just change this' and 'I'll tweak this so that...' When I get my computer back,it looks different ,acts different, and although they may have sorted one problem you can bet your bottom dollar that something else is not doing what it did yesterday.
I do have to say though that the New Improved Pprune seems to be working well and I haven't had too much trouble with it thank goodness. It's a good thing I was able to do without it for a bit, though I have to say it's nice to have it back without all those booze breaks the moderators always seemed to be going on.
Trust the small canine is well?

CUNIM
12th Apr 2002, 19:52
Pleased to hear that TD back on form with new toy - hope it is a macho jobby, just upgraded mine to macho and sold the bits of the old one to minimise pain in wallet.

Good idea Tartan, take a break. I retired on the 31st Dec 2001 and took over my friends company on 1st Jan. Now working three times as hard - but for me!! Much better. I won't upset our hosts, but I'll shove an advert on this site soon - all proper like.

My thanks to all who brighten my day with crazy subjects - I do crazy - keeps chaps and chapesses fit'n 'appy.:) :)

Edited 'cos I'm pafffetic spelling wise

Edited 'cos I'm pafffetic anyway!!:p