PDA

View Full Version : Air Pacific flight cancelations 1 April 2012

juliedewa
25th Oct 2012, 19:28
I was due to fly to LA and on to Canada on 1 April 2012. Due to bad weather the roads to the airport were closed. I rang Air Pac and was assured flights Sunday would all be running so I booked an internal Air Pac flight from where I live to the Airport ($200) As there were no seats Sun I flew Sat and had to stay overnight. However Air Pac did cancel the flight and I was left stranded at the airport and was lucky to get a flight back to Suva ($240) again with Air Pac. I was promised that the Air fare would be refunded but over 6 months later I am still waiting.
Now you will be told that the problem was beyond Air Pacs control, it was flooding and indeed the roads to the airport were flooded but the airport was not flooded and other airlines were taking off and landing! The reality was the government told Air Pac not to bring any more tourists in so the incoming flights were cancelled with no concern for those tourist and residents who wanted to leave. Indeed there were helicopters bringing in tourist from resorts and poor Air Pac staff who had been working 36 hours as they couldn’t get home and replacements couldn’t get in, were trying to get them on other airlines. It was chaos!
Whatever the reason the airline didn’t fly and I should have got a rebate but I’m still waiting despite letters, couriered letters, e mails etc. After all they didn’t fly so they didn’t pay fuel or tax. Only Air Pacific could make a profit out of a disaster! Are there others , like me who feel we have personally paid for Air Pacs much publicized new planes and new name? Does the Fiji government consider, that with so many dissatisfied customers the name change , to Fiji Air, could well lend a bad name to the country too?