PDA

View Full Version : Nec 610

I Fly
11th Apr 2002, 15:50
I have a NEC Silentwriter Superscript 610. My printer drivers do not work with Windows XP. Any ideas on how to make it work?When I go through the start menue, it does not recognise the floppy. When I open it in 'A' drive, then open the ini.exe file, it goes through the installation process. But at the end it dispays a message stating that it had recovered from a major fault and the installation did not 'stick'. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

FL310
11th Apr 2002, 15:57
I assume you have just upgraded to WinXP and want to install the printer.
Looks like this driver is NOT XP ready...check NEC website and if not successfull there are more helpful sites, in Google search for NEC driver:D

signeti
13th Apr 2002, 22:35
i have the same problem and i can tell u that its time to shell out for a new printer, NEC dont appear to support anything that old
, ah well , u wanted a colour one any way ...heres ur excuse :D

FL310
15th Apr 2002, 23:58
An after-Cebit meeting today was attended by a NEC technician and we had a couple of drinks while discussing a few issues. Somehow I remembered your request here and here we go:

SS610 neither in W2K (perhaps dodgy but most probably not at all) and in no way for XP. Last driver issued is about 6 years old, workes properly in all DOS and Windows versions up to 98 (as long as the printing side can access the DOS platform) but never ever in a real 32 bit environment....

Signetis advise is the one to follow....

I Fly
16th Apr 2002, 11:24
Thanks for all the advise guys. Yes I will have to bait the bullet. Pity I don't have a business with inbuilt redundancy.