PDA

View Full Version : The straight dope on alpha aviation MPL

stall-recovery
24th Oct 2012, 04:15
Hi everyone

I have been reading the old threads regarding the alpha aviation MPL program. It's hard to tell what's true and what's not. Are the MPL supporters on this forum all alpha aviation employees ? Are the MPL haters all students who couldn't cut it, failed and are now bitter ? Who do you trust ?

Is there any way for prospective students to determine if the alpha aviation MPL program is legit or a scam ?

I have two very simple questions:

1. Am I guaranteed the 1500 hours of line training on airbus A320 with Air Arabia after successfully completing the MPL program ?

2. Am I guaranteed employment with Air Arabia as first officer if I do well during the line training phase ?

Seems like a big gamble, especially because they ask for all the money upfront before line training even begins.

Thanks for your help everyone.

B2N2
24th Oct 2012, 13:02
Nice shiney website but it is very unclear to me where you do your training, at least with which training provider as that is something they do not divulge.
Academies & Training Courses | Alpha Aviation Group (http://www.alphaaviationgroup.com/academies/)
They do not provide any names which makes it difficult for you to get any info on the actual school/provider.
There are also limitations on a MPL license that you need to look into.
Not very familiar but it has to do with your IOE (initial operating experience) withe the Airline which should be involved in your selection for a MPL program. If your IOE is not completed with that particular airline you may end up with nothing. But these are details that you will need to research.
And pay all upfront? Walk-away.........

Prince_aly
26th Nov 2012, 15:09
Just a latest update to all from one of my old colleague n friend who i recently came to know is F/O wid air arabia (he got selected at the time when they were hiring people with CPL/IR). So i called him up and took this information about MPL & all what is claimed by AAG. First of all he asked me do i have 500K + to spend on something which is not reliable! Coz its not 100% sure u wud get into air arabia. Second there are people who have come to line training and joined air arabia and MOST of them had WASTA! (Influence & contacts in airarabia) either their dads are captains or they know anyone in the management!. Third it depends on air arabia to either take u or leave u depending upon their requirement, thy dont juss take anybody graduating from AAG (he has met some who didnt get through to line training). Fourth there are 100s of experienced pilots applying into airarabia & are being interviewd, note that a company wud take experienced first rather than taking some1 wid very less experience.
In short his advice was that after seeing all this he wud advice anyone to go to reputable flying schools and get their licences but not AAG.

malirm
26th Nov 2012, 17:43
@ stall-recovery

For

Q1. YES

For

Q2. Not Guaranteed (same with my status, but got the Job)---You have to consider 3 Things:

1. Performance (Skills & the improvement...etc. as nobody is born an Airline Pilot)

2. Reputation (where a person should have to establish a good reputation & try to avoid attitude)...I guess this is the most important one ;)

3. Availability of FO Permanent/confirmed Jobs (which is common sense)

What about Air Arabia Careers:

Careers List | Air Arabia (http://www.airarabia.com/careers-list?department=7&location=G9&keyword=&imageField.x=52&imageField.y=2)

Check the "A 320 CADET PILOT (MPL)" Reference No: ABY1104

:ok:

malirm
26th Nov 2012, 21:59
Careers List | Air Arabia (http://www.airarabia.com/careers-list?department=7&location=G9&keyword=&imageField.x=52&imageField.y=2)

Scroll down & read it again...:) (at the Link)

Well, keep in-mind that getting a Permanent contract would be an option after 1500 hours aswell (if not 750) :}

I'm not marketing AAG, but instead giving you a scope of what to expect from the other side...AAG has its own stuff to sort out (if not sorted already :ok:)...people asked a question about ABY's commitment & here's the answer from someone in the System ;)

Guys & Also Keep in-mind that I am pretty sure & after 4 years (Since 2009) that AAG, GCAA & Air Arabia are much than ever before on the top of MPL, its training & development(s)...what the Academy, The Authority & The Airline have achieved was never achieved before in the Region...Just as an example:

- Now MPLers do 9 take offs & landings instead of 12
- 88 Sectors of line training instead of 100
- New training concepts & improved sessions...as MPLers get Approx 27 sessions of A320 (I'm talking about new sessions/grading criteria/training materials...etc.)
- Nowadays I have noticed a great communication channel between them, things now get resolved in hours...not days or weeks, we almost have all answers when it comes to training/flying...

Good Night :ok:

RedBullGaveMeWings
13th Feb 2013, 12:26
Just out of curiosity, if I were to apply how much would they request to deposit in their bank account for the whole MPL thing?

RedBullGaveMeWings
13th Feb 2013, 20:56
Long story short: do not apply to AAA. OAA is obviously much better.

smoothcruise5
26th Feb 2013, 15:16
Would you recommend AAG Philippines' Airline Pilot Training For me?

T2B
3rd Jan 2014, 11:37
I believe from reading their contract its guaranteed as long the trainee meets the requirements ; issuance of MPL LICENSE and meet Air Arabia line training standards. however sometimes **** happens. DONT FORGET YOU NEED TO PAY A BIG AMOUNT OF AED 560,000 FOR MPL 110,000 LINE TRAINING DEPOSIT FOR A PERIOD OF 60 MONTHS WITH AIR ARABIA EXCL. ACCOMMODATION, TRAVEL ETC..
at the end AllAh (All-mighty GOD) grants success.

T2B
3rd Jan 2014, 11:46
EXTRA CHARGES MAY APPLY
GROUND SCHOOL AED 2935/ WEEK
CORE FLYING AED 2450/ HR
BASIC SIM AED 1250/ HR
A320 GROUND SCHOOL 1900/ HR
INTERMEDIATE SIM (A320) 3100/ HR
ADVANCED SIM (A320) 3100/ HR
AIRCRAFT (A320) BASE TRAINING 52,553/ HR

hope this covers your quote. wish you the success. happy landings

Frapic
19th Feb 2014, 15:24
I think that the most important thing is getting the 1500 hours, because after those you have big possibilities to find a permanent job with almost every company. Therefore in my opinion, though, Airarabia doesn't hire you after doing the 1500 hours is not a big problem.
So the question is : are those hours truly guareented in any case?
Is there anyone who knows for sure this point?