PDA

View Full Version : The oft repeated advice on PPRuNe not to pay in advance may be having an affect

Tinstaafl
23rd Oct 2012, 20:54
It seems at least one training provider in the US is now including that they don't require payment in advance for their courses. Their ad states very clearly that their course cost is pay as you go. For those that miss the hint they finish with "...No up front pay". Good for them!

They're targeting Europeans, not just local US potential students, with an affiliated training organisation in Europe for that part of the training. I have to wonder if our continuing theme on this site - about not paying up front - is penetrating the minds of flying school management, at last?

laz219
23rd Oct 2012, 21:45
Considering the amount of threads on here about commencing training and that is given as the main piece of advice- I guess there would be a lot of potential students rejecting schools based on the requirement for an upfront payment.

I haven't really posted on these forums but I did do a lot of digging through previous posts and all the advice helped me greatly. What I read here did convince me to stay away from particular places that I had initially been considering. So I guess I'm an example of one less student doing training requiring upfront payments due to advice on this forum.