PDA

View Full Version : Refuel in Corsica and Perpignan area

SP-THC
22nd Oct 2012, 13:22
Hi,

I plan to cross the Pyrenees on the eastern side heading south to Spain in early November in Cessna 182, IFR. Can anyone advise a good Avgass refuel stop? IFR, GA friendly?

And the the same question for Corsica? (avgass refuel, GA friendly, IFR)

Sam Rutherford
22nd Oct 2012, 14:02
Hello!

I think Jonny sent you some options? Do you want some more?

See you in a couple of weeks, Sam.

172driver
22nd Oct 2012, 14:58
Just in case you end up going into Girona, refuel immediately after landing. The transient GA parking is on the opposite end of the apron and you can lose quite some time having to taxi from there to the fuel station (getting out of the way of the various RYR 737s).

peterh337
22nd Oct 2012, 15:02
Refuelling immediately after landing is always great advice.

SP-THC
22nd Oct 2012, 15:12
Gentlemen - I appreciate your comments that even in France it is worth to refuel after landing ;)

but in case anybody has an experience and knows GA friendly apt in Corsica (with Avgass) - please let me know :)

Tagron
22nd Oct 2012, 16:25
I was in Corsica in September and landed at Calvi and Figari. Both these airports are suitable for IFR and seem to have only low frequencies of airline service, especially, I would think, in November. They are both g.a. friendly, in fact there was no landing fee at Figari.

At Calvi avgas refuelling is from a bowser and payment can be made by credit card. Figari has a fixed fuel installation and you need a Total card. In the short time I was there I was unable to establish if there was an alternative.

I have also used Bastia and Ajaccio in the past without difficulty but I have no recent information on these. There is no fuel at Corte or Propriano, but these are not for IFR.

FlyingStone
22nd Oct 2012, 17:03
Calvi is OK, GA friendly with fuel, normal prices (not unlike daylight robbery at Elba) be prepared to speak French or sign language. Is IFR, but I wouldn't go near that place in IMC in a single (check the charts and you'll see why).

overandout
22nd Oct 2012, 18:05
Perpignan is now slow and tedious with security on leaving.
Quick and easy are Albi and Beziers

Immortal
22nd Oct 2012, 18:10
I was in Bastia, Corsica this week. AvGas is 2.256 per liter at the moment and handling is about 25 euro's for light aircraft. Friendly people and at the moment there is not much going on there due to the winter season.

AfricanEagle
22nd Oct 2012, 18:58
I prefer Figari to Calvi. This summer fuel was cheaper than Calvi. If you don't have a total card a chap will come along and put a code into the machine. You can pay landing fees (10 euro < 2tons) in a little hut when you pay for the fuel. No need to go to the terminal.

At Calvi you need to call the fuel browser, need transport to and from the terminal, have to go through security. Fuel and taxes were more expensive.

chevvron
22nd Oct 2012, 23:00
Word of warning; some airfields on Corsica, and I think Figari is one, are only open in daylight due to obstructions and/or lack of lighting.

SP-THC
27th Oct 2012, 12:41
thank you all for help :) I plan to refuel in Beziers and Figari

Radar
27th Oct 2012, 18:36
Can't speak for Figari, but Beziers in late May, was superb. No fuss, prompt and friendly service.