PDA

View Full Version : Egyptair now hiring

100 above minimums
22nd Oct 2012, 05:47
Hey there everyone! Egyptair has posted an advertisement in the national newspaper stating its need for pilots. Here are the requirements and how it goes:
Requirements:
1) Egyptian high school certificate or equivalent.
2) Commercial pilot license issued by the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authorities.
3) Pass all theoretical ATPL subjects (Frozen ATPL).
4) Egyptian nationality.
5) Completed, or postponed, or exempted from the military duty.
6) Age less than 35 on the day of application.
7) Pass all the tests carried out by Egyptair
8) Medical certificate

Applicants should personally apply and fill out the forms from the EgyptAir administrative complex (HR department), Southern building, 5th floor from the 30th of October 2012 until the 29th of November 2012 from 10AM to 2 PM

Accepted pilots will be type rated and given the necessary courses in the Egypt Air training center. After passing all the tests and ratings, they will be released as first officers usually on the Boeing 737-800 or Airbus 320 depending on the needs of the company

axl76fg
24th Oct 2012, 08:42
:ok:
good news

An0maly
24th Oct 2012, 09:01
Best of luck , but don't set your heart on it because if things are the same way they've always been then the " Selection " has already happened and places are already taken up by MSR Pilot's kids / well connected MSR employee's kid's as well as Airforce retirees . The news Paper ad is usually just a formality .

100 above minimums
24th Oct 2012, 14:43
Hey there guys! Yes, it is certainly good news! Lots of pilots have been waiting for this AD for quite a long time, bearing in mind that this is the first job vacancy to open up since the revolution!

Concerning your comment An0maly, let me tell you that what you have said used to happen, for sure. From what I have heard, connections played a huge role and only a few pilots got hired for their skills or knowledge. However, let us be optimistic and think that after the revolution and the huge changes that occurred in the management of the Ministry of Civil Aviation and EgyptAir, things could get better.

Anyway, if any of you guys is going to give it a try, all you have to do is study ad STUDY HARD! Wish you all the best of luck! And again, if you need anything, I'd be more than pleased to help!

Amidoo
27th Oct 2012, 19:42
Hey do you know what are the prospects at EgyptAir, as far as the future pilot demands? I just got my Bachelor in Aeronautical Engineering and I am in the process of getting my medical to start flight training and would like to know if EgyptAir plans on hiring pilots next year too or how often do they hire when they're doing okay ?

100 above minimums
29th Oct 2012, 15:04
Hey there Amidoo. To be honest with you, I, in my humble opinion, think that the prospects are not that good. EgyptAir hasn't posted the AD since August 2010 and they are not expected to hire a big number in this round of hiring. Also bear in mind the huge pool of Egyptian pilots with fATP waiting for the AD. It is estimated that more than 300 pilots will apply for this job opening. And no one knows for sure how many they're going to hire. Meaning that after we are done with this round, there will still be some pilots waiting for another opportunity, and the number will keep on growing. The thing is, the demand for these pilots was great and it was often said that EgyptAir will hire almost twice a year but then came the revolution and the whole industry came to a stand still with private airlines ceasing to operate or atleast canceling or delaying any expansion plans; from there, things went wrong for all these aspiring pilots.

To be more positive, things started picking up again, EgyptAir is not recording huge losses and revenue is starting to grow. Lots of the private airlines such as Nesma, Nile Air and Air Arabia are yet to receive new aircrafts to their fleets. EgyptAir Express is expected to post an AD within weeks/months since it is said that they are starting to have insufficient pilots for their ever-growing workload and network expansion. PAS is also said to be considering hiring soon. So what I want to say is that if things continue improving, you'll definitely see lots of hiring whether with the national carrier or its subsidiaries, or private airlines.

If I were you, I'd finish my courses get my license and judge again on how it is going. If it is still not good, you'll have to land a job with your other degree until something pops up. Another advice would be to look abroad. If you have a dual citizenship or can give it a shot abroad, don't hesitate. There is nothing to lose. Also try looking for cadet programs sponsored by airlines in Europe (if you have EU nationality) or the Gulf. You'll have a very good chance since you have a degree in aeronautical engineering. All of these are other viable options in case you do not want to take the risk of finishing your studies and then having to wait a couple of months and probably years for employment.

Best of luck in whatever path you take and if you need anything, don't think twice in contacting me!

Amidoo
31st Oct 2012, 13:06
Unfortunately I do not hold any other nationality. I will have to go with my guts on this one and hope for the best. My Bachelors was my plan B and looks like it's going to come in handy. Best of luck to you too.

Kyytyy
9th Jun 2013, 23:51
Hey, I was wondering when you apply with a commercial pilot license issued from the States, does the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authorities convert it to an Egyptian one? Or how does that go?

Thanks! :)

Amidoo
10th Jun 2013, 19:22
From what I've been told, you need to convert your commercial license here, which consists of an Airlaw exams and two other subjects as well (I don't remember which ones). As for the flying part, you will be paying in the $8000-$9000 range, which includes some flying with an instructor and a couple of hours for the checkride. You're supposedly entitled to 10 hours but you never actually fly 10 hours, you still have to pay for it all though (Welcome to Egypt).
As for the ATPL theory, you can self-study via the Egyptian Aviation Academy.

I saw your other posts asking about the hiring situation here, they hired last month a bunch of pilots, don't know the exact numbers though. It's almost impossible to predict when they're going to be hiring next, unless you know a source from the inside, and it also depends on the political and economical stability, which right now nobody knows where it's headed.

Hope that helps !

Kyytyy
10th Jun 2013, 23:17
Yeah that helps a lot! Thanks so much "Amidoo" and "100 above minimums" for your help!

bodda
26th Aug 2013, 20:57
I am an Egyptian/Canadian, and I will be starting aviation college in Canada next year. After graduating I hope to come to Egypt to work for EgyptAir, but I have a few questions.
I will graduate in mid 2016.

1) How likely is it that I get hired? Is it true that only pilots with connections get hired? How could I increase my chance of getting hired?

2) Is it true that pilots who graduate from the Egyptian Aviation Academy have a serious advantage over other pilots in acquiring a job at EgyptAir?

3) How easy and expensive will it be to convert my Canadian licenses to Egyptian ones?

4) Finally, after getting hired, how is working for the company like. Are pilots treated properly and paid OK?

Help is greatly appreciated!

100 above minimums
31st Aug 2013, 14:50
Hey there. It is really hard to predict how the situation will be by 2016 but I can answer your questions based on the current situation.

1) How hard is it? Pretty hard. You've got no less than 600 unemployed pilots all waiting for the same exact opportunity. And no, they do not hire only those who have connections. As you can see, earlier in this discussion, when I first posted the news, people said that the whole thing is staged and they already know who they will be hired... Did not tun out to be true.. Many of those who got accepted had absolutely no connections, myself included. On the other hand, there were a lot of people who had pretty strong connections and did not make it as well, so don't worry about this issue. As long as you have a decent education, good English and good technical and general knowledge, you should be fine.

2) Not true. Although we were told so when we first joined the Academy, it is simply not true. You get no kind of advantage and applicants are assessed equally disregarding where they obtained their licenses from. Statistics speak for themselves. Around 10 of the 58 who got accepted studied in the Egyptian Aviation Academy the rest hailing from the USA (mainly), Canada, South Africa and Europe. And for your case, I think it is better for you to study in Canada so that you can apply there as well if things in Egypt do not go according to plan. Having a Canadian license and citizenship is always a good plan B.

3) Easy and expensive. For non type rated pilots, they fly 10 hours max on a Cessna 172 for something like 8000 USD (that was the price 2-3 years ago) and take a very easy, open book exam regarding the Egyptian civil aviation regulations. For type rated pilots, they have to do their check ride with an inspector on a simulator in the Egypt Air Training Center. From what I've heard, it's a piece of cake.

4) Yes. Have not heard or seen otherwise.

Hope this helped. Feel free to DM me if you need to ask anything.

hhassan
7th Sep 2013, 12:24
Hi Guys, according to Wikipedia (non- reliant source) Egyptair has placed a firm order of 23 new aircrafts, mainly A330, 350 , B787, 777-300 ER meaning all the new GIANTS.
If this news happens to be true, then with simple calculations it means that Egyptair will need to hire AT LEAST 200 new pilots from 2014-2018/9 to saturate its new fleet expansion.

This is good news for all the current unemployed pilots out there. I see light at the end of a very dark tunnel that sted for at least 3 years now ( since Jan 2011 revolution)

If anyone has any updates/news, pls do share.

100 above minimums
8th Sep 2013, 15:07
I do not think so. I think someone was just having fun on Wikipedia (open-source). These numbers are neither backed up by any reference nor are they reported on in the Egyptian media.

The minister of civil aviation and the CEO of EgyptAir certainly have an ambitious plan regarding the fleet's renovation and expansion. They are targeting to reach 200~ aircrafts. So far it has only been talk but no orders have been placed yet. I think it is a bit difficult to place a multi-million/billion dollar deal with Egypt's current situation. Maybe they have a positive outlook for the future and will start placing their orders now. Who knows?

Anyway, any expansion would certainly spell good news for the unemployed pilots here and the aviation sector in general which has been dealt a huge blow due to the political instability.

hhassan
10th Sep 2013, 06:33
I think the best source would be a report from either Airbus or Boeing.

However, as you know ,Egyptair is a star alliance member, I am sure they have commitments to stay under their umbrella. One should be mandatory fleet renewal/expansion to sustain fleet age, efficiency and to open up for new destinations. Egyptair has been stagnant for almost 3 years now, I think its not an option anymore to remain that way or-else lose their membership.

Amidoo
10th Sep 2013, 12:07
What we need to see orders is first of all, stability, and by that I mean elections and a new decent president. Secondly, we need tourism to pick up, and without political and economical stability that won't be possible.

Last I heard the board was meeting in March to decide on when or if they were going to renew their fleet. Haven't heard anything since. It's really hard at this moment to say where the country is headed but let's all be optimistic

bodda
12th Sep 2013, 03:02
On an unrelated note, pilots currently at EgyptAir don't seen too happy with the current conditions and management.

EgyptAir pilots suspend strike - Economy - Business - Ahram Online (http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/3/12/73898/Business/Economy/EgyptAir-pilots-suspend-strike.aspx)

They organized a strike in June. Any one with extra info or who could elaborate on this story?
Last I heard, working as a pilot at EgyptAir was a great profession with good pay, conditins etc.

Approaching min
31st Dec 2015, 00:17
Hi, and thanks for your useful informations, i just got one question about the age limit, if they do require at Egyptair a mandatory another bachelor degree for pilots who are applying at age of 29 or 30 years old besides the aviation license degree?
Thank you and hope to hear from you as soon :)

100 above minimums
10th Jan 2016, 10:42
In the past, the age limit was 29 and they used to require a degree from applicants who were older than 24. However, this very last round of hiring, not only have they raised the age limit to 35, they also did not require any degree from any applicant.
No idea what their requirements will be in the future.

100 above minimums
5th Oct 2018, 07:09
EgyptAir has announced its need for 260 F/O under training (200 for EgyptAir, 60 for EgyptAir Express).

Requirements:
1) Egyptian high school certificate or equivalent.
2) Commercial pilot license issued by the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authorities.
3) Pass all theoretical ATPL subjects (Frozen ATPL).
4) English Level Proficiency 5+
5) Egyptian nationality.
6) Completed, or postponed, or exempted from the military duty.
7) Age not more than 30 on the last day of application. (by 18/10/2018)
8) Pass all the tests carried out by Egyptair and an English test
9) Medical certificate

Pilots who successfully undergo and complete their training will be hired on a seven year contract with a bond.

Applications that meet these requirements shall be made on careers.egyptair.com (http://careers.egyptair.com) starting from 07/10/2018 till 18/10/2018.

Best of luck.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1388x1116/ad_a6dec79f5336318da4c1c88d6abe98d854c01a42.png

Picture of the official listing from the newspaper. (In Arabic)

bodda
29th Apr 2022, 19:24
Hi guys I know it's been a few years since anyone posted on here, but does anyone have any updates on the hiring situation at EgyptAir?

I tried visiting their careers site "careers.egyptair.com (#)" but it doesn't appear to be working any longer.
Which newspaper is the ad for hiring pilots usually posted?

If they are still hiring pilots, do they still have the rule of being under 30, even if you have a bachelor's degree?

I'm in Canada and hope to get my CPL soon and would love to fly for EgyptAir.
The earlier comments posted that they don't require connections is encouraging!

Thanks for your help.

extreme P
29th Apr 2022, 19:39
Employer Notes Hiring Egyptian Nationals.

RESTRICTIONS * Must be an Egyptian National.
* Must hold Egyptian Pilot Licences, Medical.
* Must speak fluent Arabic and English.
* For New Pilot Applicants, the age must be 30 years old or younger.

bodda
29th Apr 2022, 21:02
Yes, I have Egyptian and Canadian citizenship.

Are they actively hiring pilots at the moment?
I couldn't find any posting online that they are currently hiring or will hire in the future.

Omarezz5
10th Jan 2024, 10:23
Yes, I have Egyptian and Canadian citizenship.

Are they actively hiring pilots at the moment?
I couldn't find any posting online that they are currently hiring or will hire in the future.

hey did you finish all your license or not yet?