PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Hour Building in Central Scotland

agnewdarren
19th Oct 2012, 18:22
Anyone help out a newbie looking to do some hour building?? Equity or Non-Equity, I'll consider anything and it would help if it is local as I live in Edinburgh.

On a side note, does flying an Ikarus C42 or a Eurostar count for hour building towards CPL?

Thanks All!

Floppy Link
19th Oct 2012, 21:56
Share in a Tri-Pacer at Perth ... ?

AFORS PA22 (http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adview&adid=21654&imid=0)

£1000 share
£60 / month
£80-85 / hr wet

Unusual Attitude
19th Oct 2012, 22:13
I'm actually a member of that syndicate, she's in very nice condition and we've spent quite a bit over the last 2 years getting all the little snags rectified and updating the electrics etc.

We have 2 other members based in EDI who you could arrange trips with etc.

Regards

UA

140KIAS
19th Oct 2012, 22:54
there's a share going in a Fife based 152. pm me if you want contact details.

4redsyourdead
20th Oct 2012, 16:40
Leading edge at Cumbernauld do a good deal on hour building with great availability for longer trips and extended hire. If your looking for a share your best bet is to go visit Perth or Fife and talk to the local pilots.

Ps I'd go see the tri-pacer mentioned. Looks a lovely aircraft having seen it in the hangar at PTH :)

Floppy Link
20th Oct 2012, 21:22
UA...

how many TriPacer shares are available?
I could be tempted...

one further question, can't remember the new-fangled terminology but is it CofA or Permit?

A and C
21st Oct 2012, 08:27
The Tripacer is in an Annex 2 C of A

Unusual Attitude
21st Oct 2012, 13:46
Floppy, there is one share for sale as far as I'm aware.

She is indeed on a CofA or whatever it's called nowadays, Like you I still tend to find myself using the old school terminology!

Did 2 short flights in her yesterday and she's flying very nicely indeed.

Regards

UA

gordonquinn
29th Oct 2012, 10:02
In answer to your side question, the answer is no.

Although I have heard you can register a c42 as a light aircraft, but I am not sure on this.