PDA

View Full Version : End of the line for Hawker business jets?

NutLoose
18th Oct 2012, 17:31
Hawker Beechcraft has called off plans to sell itself to China, and intends to emerge from bankruptcy as a stand-alone company called Beechcraft making piston, turboprop, trainer and special-mission aircraft. The Hawker business-jet product line is to be sold off or shut down.

More

End of the Line for Hawker? (http://www.aviationweek.com/Blogs.aspx?plckBlogId=Blog:7a78f54e-b3dd-4fa6-ae6e-dff2ffd7bdbb&plckPostId=Blog%3A7a78f54e-b3dd-4fa6-ae6e-dff2ffd7bdbbPost%3Af9b97aac-aef2-4ca4-ae86-af508785d1f6)

FlexPower2
18th Oct 2012, 22:47
No, not the end of the line by any means. Too popular of of an aircraft, between the Beechjets and the Hawker 800/900's. I DO however see it as an excellent opportunity for a company to come in, buy the spares, tooling, support, and manufacturing rights and do the line right by maintainingand supporting it well. Beechcraft flogged the dog on the jets. Cant maintain jets with a piston/turboprop mentality. Their tech support was bad and their parts distribution still is crap.

XEMS
19th Oct 2012, 16:19
I remember a rumor from a couple of months ago that Cessna was looking at the 4000 to springboard them into a supermid. Maybe that would breathe some life into that airframe!

merlinxx
19th Oct 2012, 21:18
Thinks :confused: is there not a liitle place called Chester that maybe interested:confused:

bizjets101
19th Oct 2012, 22:14
Cessna is interested, just not at the current 1.8 Billion price.

Ford Motor, M&M India, and the China Group are all in queue for the jets.

His dudeness
20th Oct 2012, 19:33
Maybe that would breathe some life into that airframe!

You think? An plastic airplane from Cessna? Sounds strange, way to modern for Cessna IMO. And there is Honeywell in the pointy end, didn`t Jack Pelton (not at Cessna anymore) say there won`t be another Airplane with Honeywell from Cessna?

LAS1997
22nd Oct 2012, 13:40
The Hawker is such a good looking aircraft and in some ways in a class of its own. I sincerely hope they continue to build them; I think a lot of modern day business jets are very ugly in appearance where as the Hawker still looks very smart.

mutt
22nd Oct 2012, 15:42
LAS997,

Are you talking about the Hawker with the British heritage, or the Japanese heritage or the one with the American heritage?

Mutt