PDA

View Full Version : 17 y/o PPL training in FL/CA ?

Trislander
15th Apr 2001, 17:51
Hi
How easy would it be for a 17 y/o wannabe like myself to goto FLA/CA (USA) by myself to gain a PPL and hour build in the US this summer? What would I need to consider?
Thanks for your help,
Tri

gazelle507
15th Apr 2001, 21:48
It is esential that you make sure you have a valid visa, in your case a J1. Do not go to the USA for any form of flight training on the visa waiver programme, if you get caught you will be deported, your passport stamped and entry back to the USA stopped. In the future if you decide to go on to do an ATPL and an airline career, you will not be employable with a US restricted passport.

Large Dave
16th Apr 2001, 13:25
Does this visa requirement apply only to those undertaking flight training, or would a licensed hours-builder also require one?

Dave (large).

gazelle507
16th Apr 2001, 13:44
Hrs build is fine, it only includes training at a facility providing a structured course of training. This does include PPL, SO BEWARE ALL WHO THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT, IF YOU DO, GOOD LUCK, IF YOU GET CAUGHT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ENTRY BACK TO THE USA.

ANDERSON
16th Apr 2001, 15:24
Check out European Flight Training EFT Ft.Pierce FL www.europeanflightraining (http://www.europeanflightraining)
they can provide you with the facility to get a M1 or J1 Visa for your training.
Stay within the immigration law or you may regret it later.
Great poeple,facilities,aircraft and above all else the best flight instruction.