PDA

View Full Version : US Flying Schools

Rob_d
15th Apr 2001, 14:46
I am planning to go to America in the summer to do a jaa ppl. Does anyone know of any good flying schools that I could possibly use.

Blindside
15th Apr 2001, 14:55
Do a search (top right hand corner) using keywords such as Florida, PPL, Training Schools etc.

Make sure that you look in the Wannabes forum.

Plenty of info there.

------------------
Half man, Half jalfrezi.

simfly
16th Apr 2001, 00:46
Take a note of my e-mail and mail me in a few weeks. I'm off to Orlando Flight Training on Sunday (22nd) to do a JAA PPL. I've heard it is one of the best, guess time will tell!

------------------
[email protected]

The ground won't hurt you, if you hit it hard enough!

rolling circle
16th Apr 2001, 02:36
It is a requirement of the UK CAA that schools providing training for the JAA PPL after 1 July 2001 are approved under the requirements of CAP682. Ensure that the school you go to is so approved or you may not get your licence issued.

It is also a requirement of JAR-FCL 1, of course, that training, conducted outside JAA member states, for a JAA licence or rating must be conducted only by a school registered in, and having its main place of business in, a JAA member state. JAR-FCL 1 also restricts this easement to 'all or part of the Integrated ATPL course'.

Other JAA member states are quite within their rights to, and are quite likely to, refuse to accept as valid any licence (other than a CPL/IR gained as part of an Integrated ATPL course) issued by the UK CAA as a result of training conducted outwith the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.

CreepMark
16th Apr 2001, 05:22
European flight training in Orlando (Fort Pierce) is highly recommended. They are fully approved from jaa ppl upto cpl/ir and flight instructors course. Xcellent facilities, good aircraft etc. Just finished night/imc and twin there.
E-mail me if you want and i'll shed some light on them for you.

------------------
Climb Aboard, lets have some fun.