PDA

View Full Version : Learning strategy for theory prior to intensive PPL course

Rhino25782
14th Oct 2012, 20:25
Hi everyone,

So I have decided to pursue an intensive CAA/EASA PPL course in the US coming January. This weekend, I have received my Jeremy Pratt books and the PPL Confuser and I am now wondering what's the best way to go about this.

Scenario 1: As I live in Germany and have a tight work schedule, I might not be able to fit in a trip to the UK to get exams "out of the way" before going to the US. In this scenario, what is the best timing to start studying? I am aware that it's best to get the Air Law exam done as early as possible and also possibly the Human Factors as that is supposedly rather straightforward. In fact, I have already started reading Air Law as soon as I had my hands on the book (frankly, I don't even find it boring, as some say). My worries are: If I start studying seriously now and I am done with the books early, I might actually "forget" the details by the time I get to the States. Obiously, revising can help here, but my point is: What is the ideal starting point to read the books?

Scenario 2: I find a time slot for a RyanAir service to Stansted for a day or two. This is a questions to London area locals: What are my options (in terms of flight schools) to get some exams done this way? Any recommendations? Also, is it feasible to get multiple (how many?) exams done in one day? Two days? Ideally, I would even get my EASA medical sorted out here (rather than in the US).

Heaps of thanks for any advice...

Patrick

seymoreskye
14th Oct 2012, 21:04
Hi

I have just completed my exams over a 7 week period as I will be heading to the USA in two weeks and was told its wise to get them done before flying.

Just take one exam at a time and work through them bit by bit. Air law is a good one to get through first. Also make sure you nail Navigation & flight planning as this involves huge amounts of accuracy and precision. PM for any further questions