PDA

View Full Version : I'm unable to PPRuNe at work since forum's have changed :-(

Simon W
10th Apr 2002, 20:49
Don't know why but when I press the Forums side button the browser just hangs. Not sure whether it's a problem with my browser (but don't have problems with any other sites) or whether it's the firewall getting in the way.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to PPRuNe more at home.

Simon

FL310
10th Apr 2002, 22:17
how do you access the forum? With the move to the new software the URL has also changed.
At home, go the forum website, copy and paste the link into an email and send it direct to your office, there you cut and paste it into the browser, see what happens....:confused:

Simon W
10th Apr 2002, 22:31
Nah, tried that. I always go from www.pprune.com anyway, not from the actual forum URL.

Thanks anyway,

Simon

Sensible
11th Apr 2002, 00:12
Try

http//www.pprune.org/

I remember that there is some reason for not using .com!!

FL310
11th Apr 2002, 01:45
and one more thing...if there is some kind of connection-tune-up software installed (also a proxy...) than there is a good chance that you need to use the link as Southwest mentioned. These mentioned progs store the numerical values of the URLs and speed up the connection...these values however have changed!

If you used to go to 6th floor and now the office moved to 7th floor, you need to tell the lift the new address where to stop....

AerBabe
11th Apr 2002, 13:51
I have a similar problem when I try and check my PPRuNe mail at work.... :(