PDA

View Full Version : aztec down in the Caribbean

lpatrick
13th Oct 2012, 17:14
I understand from a Caribbean weather site that an Aztec went down between St. Croix and St Thomas in the early hours of the morning. I believe the aircraft is based in either Anguilla or St Thomas. Apparently the flight carries newspapers between the islands.

Flying Mechanic
13th Oct 2012, 18:39
That's really sad news, have hope the pilot survived.. I spent a year flying the mighty Aztec in the Caribbean it was always my dread to think about ditching , let alone at night.

Yankee Whisky
13th Oct 2012, 23:40
Anguillian Registration Plane Crashed --- Pilot and Passengers found alive. (UPDATED) (http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10684-breaking-news-anguillian-registration-plane-crashes-close-to-st-croix-six-persons-unaccounted-for.html) :O:O

captjns
14th Oct 2012, 00:58
1963 bird with 0-540s. Carburetored motors.

TowerDog
15th Oct 2012, 01:37
I spent a year flying the mighty Aztec in the Caribbean

So did I, based in St. Thomas.

Philipsburg:--- Relatives of Anguillian Pilot Kirby Hodge and the passengers that were on board flight 5553Y-AZTEX are upset with the conflicting information they are being fed regarding the survival and search and rescue mission. Saturday evening relatives of Captain Hodge and other Anguillians were rejoicing when they were told that all six persons on board the aircraft were found alive.

Kirby Hodge was from St. Thomas, brother of Cleo...Or was this another pilot with the same name?

Nice guy and a gentleman, hope he is okay.