PDA

View Full Version : Why All The Whingeing about CX ?

mr Q
12th Oct 2012, 12:34
Met an old geezer recently whose son is a S/O with CX
The son loves the flying,resents the suggestion
he is boy pilot or radio operator, likes the Company and
the ethos of the company has few gripes with management or management pilots and enjoys the lifestyle and seldom grouses about the rosters.
He has like minded colleagues and suggests that PPRUNE only represents about 1 percent of the pilots who live to complain
and complain to live
I am coming round to his way of thinking

scavengepump
12th Oct 2012, 12:52
Nice windup you tw@t!

Fl00
12th Oct 2012, 15:44
I would suggest an employee who has been at CX for less than three years would not have a real good feel for the company and its history.The S/O schedule is the best in the company, once he upgrades his commutable 20 days off a month will become a non commutable 10-15 days a month. As far as the boy pilot/radio operator comment, all due respect to the experienced pilots who join as S/O's, but there is a large percentage of S/O's joining with no experience and minimal time. I am not suggesting they should be treated any different, but the reality is they don't bring any real world experience or flying ability to the cockpit. They do however bring a very good book knowledge.

With all that said CX is not a bad place to work, but management does have a special knack for making sure it is not that good either.

cxorcist
12th Oct 2012, 16:02
Let's see how said SO likes his second six months, or better yet, his next six years. I'm guessing his tune might change a bit once the SJS has been covered in Chinese soot and he still lives in an 800' crash pad with Adelaide buddies.

ByAirMail
12th Oct 2012, 19:58
Why? Want to borrow my copy of "The 49'ers " for some answers?

airdualbleedfault
12th Oct 2012, 23:27
I'm surprised any of you guys answered, what a ****.

But yes, I would probably be pretty chuffed about going from a light aircraft to a 777/330/747 jump seat.....for at least a year or 2.

MoreOfTheSame
13th Oct 2012, 09:22
Yep. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to login and see what CX pilots are whinging about today!!!

There are 3 things you can do in a bad situation:
1) Do nothing (and for fux sake stop whinging about it):=
2) Change it (but oh no, might become a 49er):eek:
3) Leave (and get a job you like):D

But no, we can't leave because blah blah blah, and there'll be a million more posts about:
- how expensive it is to live in HK especially with a family,
- how you have to live in a cardboard box in the far away territories,
- how bad the pollution is for your kids,
- how bases are closing,
- how you have to pax on freighters,
- how you have to pay tax on tax coz CX screwed you,
- and on, and on, and on......:{

The Management
13th Oct 2012, 14:47
The only nepotism is if you were compliant in 1999 and 2001 and sided with the company or you served the company well in your Check and Training duty, your son will have no problem joining The CPG.

If you stood out against The CPG or not served the C&T Department well, your son will never make it, we in Upper Management will make sure of it.

Whether it’s a CX Captains Son or a Zero time S/O, I’d be very careful when you leave the cockpit. If something were to go wrong and you survive, it will be the Captains responsibility (and RQ) and both will be terminated with just cause.

CX Management and Swire Group rewards loyalty, not competence.

As for Pprune having only 1% of complainers, that is the quote We in Upper Management tell the believers and that permeates down to the "Sons of Compliance".

In the end it is better to serve The CPG and from time to time we reward our compliant servants. More should come around to this way of thinking; it makes our job in Management easier.

To My Bonus

The Management

crwjerk
14th Oct 2012, 02:01
If you stood out against The CPG or not served the C&T Department well, your son will never make it, we in Upper Management will make sure of it.
You failed on at least two counts there my friend.

tuck
14th Oct 2012, 13:30
Some will always slip through whilst management take Christmas leave and the rest get screwed over.

ChinaBeached
15th Oct 2012, 03:48
Yes Mr Q...... "Let them eat cake".

Must be a great view when your head is firmly in the sand. Surely Beijing is missing another politician to tell the world their is no inflation, their is no pollution and everyone is happy at the swill tanks while those in the ivory towers have their A or B Scale paying off their 3rd or 4th property. Surely others should thank you and your mates for the opportunity to rent from you?

Captain Dart
15th Oct 2012, 05:52
The answer to your question, Mr Q:

BECAUSE WE CAN!

If you don't like it, don't read it.

etrang
16th Oct 2012, 05:15
PPRuNe only represents about 1 percent of the pilots who live to complain

Cathay has 2,200+ pilots, so even if everyone who posts here claiming to be a CX pilot really is one, 1% is still an over estimate.

mr Q
24th Oct 2012, 15:02
Thank you to those of you who posted constructive comment on my observations on what the Old Geezer told me and which began this thread.
To the intolerant few who answered in less than civil terms (and you know who you are )you really have no concept of free speech, are intolerant of all views except your own and intolerant of everything CX and intolerant of all who dare disagree with you
Yet I have good news for you the intolerant few.
Any star chamber would be proud to welcome each of you on board.You are perfect material for dismissing the views of those outside your circle who dare think outside that circle and your qualities in the intolerance department makes each of you perfect star chamber material.
Congratulations and welcome Onboard !!

D-ENIM
24th Oct 2012, 20:41
Well said mr q. You'd be a great follow-up act to Bob Mugabe.

Beta Light
25th Oct 2012, 02:49
Mr. Q
Your first and last post contradict each other, talk about Star Chamber potential.

ChinaBeached
25th Oct 2012, 04:48
"Tolerance" eh?? Opinions are "tolerated" as long as they are in line with your own it seems.

I would say work on your grammar, punctuation and sentence structure but with that effort you are part of the reason why people whinge about the new "standards" CX will accept.

mr Q
25th Oct 2012, 08:39
Thanks ChinaBeached.
Your 31 word single sentence demonstrates precisely what can go wrong with grammar,punctuation and sentence structure in a posting.

Arfur Dent
25th Oct 2012, 09:07
Actually, I think you win with a 47 word single sentence Q! Use of the word 'intolerant' 5 times too. People in glass houses..........

mr Q
25th Oct 2012, 10:51
Absolutely correct
I am waiting on Chinabeached to redraft it for me
Now we are all reduced to word counting .....
In fairness to me Chinabeached threw the first stone but point taken.....
Does anyone have any idea when Cathay will release their promotional video "A Day in the Life of a S/O" ?

FERetd
25th Oct 2012, 14:34
So Mr. Q, your two minute boy wonder (SO) knows everything about CX and those more long termers who have contributed to this post and who have had many more years of the CX experience are all wrong?

You say he resents the suggestion that he is a boy pilot or radio operator, yet that IS what he is - he does not have a full type rating - when does HE fly the aeroplane? He is cheap labour.

Of course he is still starry eyed, for only a few short years ago his experience and qualifications would have had him peddling his credentials around numerous flying schools and charter companies.

But now he sits in a shiny jet and in a few years he will be looking at a F/O upgrade and will then become a real pilot. Only then will he begin to assimilate the experiences of life as an airline pilot and even then he will be starting at the bottom of the learning curve.

I was fortunate enough to fly with pilots who had aready completed their "apprenticeship" elsewhere and who joined CX with a wealth of experience, the experience that the paying passenger has a right to expect.

Every single contributor to this post would have had the same views of CX as your SO, when they were new to the company, otherwise why else would they have joined? It is just that over the years the management have managed to severely tarnish those views.

Having had the CX experience for many years, I know of what I write.

It will be interesting to hear in say, ten years time, what our young man's views are then. For his sake, I hope that they remain unchanged.

ChinaBeached
25th Oct 2012, 16:04
Cheap is as cheap does.

Your "Day in the Life of a CX SO" is for all to see via the hundreds of pages & thousands of posts screaming the ignorant dribble that you are a willinging, happy & naive part of.

Started it? You posted a question & many answered. You just don't like answers you asked for. Too bad the Lego pieces don't fit the mould your "old geezer" promised nor the peaches & cream wet dreams you have of needing the easiest path possible to fulfilling a fleeting fetish. You preach of "free speech" & "tolerance" yet your opposition to an opposing opinion reeks more of the ignorant stereotype that this iCadetship has come to represent.

It'd be a humorous spectacle when you & The Old Geezer discuss the Easter Bunny & Santa Claus. You'll come running to pprune to seek clarification!!!!

People whinge about CX because of your indignant, selfish & pathetic aspirations & what they represent to the future of a once great airline. Some stand against mediocrity & others depend on it.