PDA

View Full Version : Heli Training Starting blocks

HPTurbine
10th Apr 2002, 18:42
HELP! I am committed to finding my way to a career as a helicopter pilot. So far I have investigated the costs etc. There is only one extablishement outside the UK that can grant the JAA CPL(H) that I know of. Whether the training is undertaken in the UK or not it's expensive!! I can muster the cash to get through to PPL(H). Can anyone suggest how I might get help with sponsorship for the rest of the training? What companies would be interested in helping? If not are there organisations that can help with financing where payment can be delayed until such time as i have an income again? Any advice, help, information would be a greatly appreciated????

For info I have a number of years experience in the repair and overhaul of aero gas turbines. This covers both civil and military applications. Basically I am talking about giving up a career with great prospects in the aero business to become a helicopter pilot. I'm possibly slightly off my rocker but hey!

Your thoughts.... please?

RW-1
11th Apr 2002, 18:07
I don't know enough to say but I would bank on your overhaul/maintenance experience to get with a company, then see about bartering flight time for your services, etc.