PDA

View Full Version : B737 to HS125-900XP...

ZAZOO
11th Oct 2012, 19:15
On my way to the emirates center in Dubai for HS125-900XP training, any advise or suggestions from the folks already on the type would be highly appreciated .........been on the B737 like forever.....thanks fellow ppruners.

Zaz....

Ayrton
12th Oct 2012, 17:57
oh well, the 900 is a great plane, just keep in mind that the wing fuel pumps does not "pumps" but "sucks" :E and the ventral tank is not an "active tank" but just a big can to bring extra fuel to be transferred, and you have limitation on that.

Keep yourself focused on the Collins ProLine 21 avionics because it is not so intuitive, but once you are into the system it's great.

if you have any question, just ask :ok:

p.s. don't be surprised by the wing antiice system...it is a litte bit funny :}:}

leondelfierro
12th Oct 2012, 23:53
don't be surprised by the wing antiice system
Couldn't avoid chuckling with this one...:}:}

Jet Jockey A4
13th Oct 2012, 00:15
From what I garther it is still using the TKS system then?

maxphlyer
13th Oct 2012, 00:50
Yep...

They still do!

HermanTheGerman
13th Oct 2012, 04:34
enjoy the training in DXB. It will be the 850XPi simulator, no big difference to the 900XP. Make sure that you receive the difference training (if not- pm me, I could send the file). Don't accept that old Honeywell-equipped sim there, if it still exists. Great people there, a lot of knowledge, especially since we know that some ground school teachers don't have any experience on type.

"low fuel sucks" is a good reminder, indeed.

Gread aircraft, very reliable, no big problems at all. As long as you are able to close the door- you will probably never exceed MTOW :-)

500 above
13th Oct 2012, 07:46
Just pack soft sided bags... Awful 'hold'.

FlyMD
13th Oct 2012, 07:52
... in general, pack a smaller or no flight bag, there's nowhere to put it :}

B200Drvr
14th Oct 2012, 05:59
Great machine with no vices, TKS is good when you get used to it. I have packed 21 carry on suitcases in the "hold" so it can carry stuff if you get the correct baggage. Enjoy it and remember there are no auto throttles!!

HermanTheGerman
14th Oct 2012, 09:49
luggage indeed a problem. especially if you are supposed to do rotations like 3weeks/3weeks.

Don't miss the Irish Village opposite the Emirates Training Center. Especially on thursday nights- that's when the new stewardesses have their party to celebrate the end of their initial training!

lk978
14th Oct 2012, 10:34
When balancing fuel always turn the fat chick (pump) off

ZAZOO
15th Oct 2012, 12:17
Guys, thanks for the tips and heads up I am extremely grateful to all of you. Will be in Dubai first week of november and I'll certainly be in touch to update you with my progress during training.

I would like to endores the type on my FAA license any ideas where I can get a FAA first class medical done over there in DXB training will be conducted based on our ICAO certifications.

Once again thanks guys.

LindbergB767
16th Oct 2012, 02:32
D ont know if it is still there but they was a Dr Akel in Dubai