PDA

View Full Version : Tips For EASA exams with which and how to start

imm
11th Oct 2012, 17:38
Hi guys need your help. Title says it all so what sequence should i make for my B2 exams. Which module i should attempt together,separate,first or last.

Please help me and all advises are welcome

The90sAME
12th Oct 2012, 16:21
It depends on how you wish to tackle them...

Do your larger modules first, they take longer to revise for, get the biggies out the way first, then the rest will feel like plain sailing.

Or, if you're not the quickest of learners, start with your smaller modules and build upto the larger ones.

I dont believe theres real answer to your question, it all depends on you. Your learning technique, how quickly you can absorb information etc etc.

Everyone has their own way of tackling the academic side of the trade.

easaman
12th Oct 2012, 17:39
Hello Imm,
I recommend students to start with Maths, Physics, Electrics, Electronics and Digital.
To avoid double learning you should take module 6, 7 and module 7 essays together,
The same applies for module 9 and essay and module 10 and essay.
M8 aerodynamics and module 13 & 14 have also some things in common.
Cheers Otmar

imm
14th Oct 2012, 14:30
Thanks for the above advices. More are welcome

flyjbfly
23rd Oct 2012, 17:24
Why not go through a part 147 organization?
Just curious.

Dougie_diesel
24th Oct 2012, 04:42
Purely my own preference,

If you already work in aircraft maintenance, Human Factors is something you will already be familiar with (its also the easiest part66 module).

If not, Maths & Physics you should be able to sit having never seen an aircraft, so maybe them first.

Perhaps sit Electrical & Electronics together. And Engines & Props together.

Some modules have a lower knowlage requirement for B2 than B1, and vice-versa. Try to sit all the exams to the highest level, just incase you want to, you know, come away from the dark side later on ;)

Capot
24th Oct 2012, 08:52
As a general rule, but not an absolute one, you should be aware that some of the later (numerically) modules rely on knowledge gained in the earlier ones. The obvious example is Maths and Physics, which you need later on in many Modules. And it's useful - although not essential - to complete Modules 3 and 4 before moving on.

Modules 9 and 10 are, naturally, completely stand-alone.

shumway76
24th Oct 2012, 08:55
If I'm not mistaken, there is a 5 year time frame for you to complete all modules, and the clock starts the day you pass your first module.

My suggestion is, go for the hardest module first (touchwood) you do not pass, your 5 year time frame has not started yet.

Imagine if you do all the easier modules first, and it's been 4 years already. You only have 1 year to pass the hardest module. With 1 year to go, you maybe have another 4 attempts?

Capot
24th Oct 2012, 09:19
Do keep up; the period for completion of all Modules is now 10 years.

Part 66.A.25(b) (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CONSLEG:2003R2042:20120801:EN:PDF) (The link is to the whole Consolidated version of 2042/2003.)