PDA

View Full Version : Flight time under JAR/EASA

hueyracer
9th Oct 2012, 18:55
As the neverending story seems to be a real story without an end-maybe you can help me out on this one:

The German CAA (LBA) refuses to recognise my flight hours towards my JAR-FCL ATPL(H), as my multi-pilot-helicopter flight hours have not been flown on JAR-registered helicopters...

The basics:
-FAA ATPL(H)
-JAR-FCL CPL(H) IR with FI(H)
Ex-military pilot, 4000 hours total, more than 1000 PIC on MPH.

The German CAA argues that:
-according to JAR-FCL, military flight time does not count towards any civil license (only for the issue of a "conversion" on basis of an agreement between the military and the CAA-not applicable to my case).

-according to JAR-FCL, i (officially) never passed a multi-pilot-helicopter checkride (the wrong form has been used: SPH instead of MPH-not correctable any more), so i could not have collected the 1000 hours PIC on MPH, as i never ever held a MPH-rating.

-all other hours (on non-JAR-registered helicopters) would not count towards my JAR-FCL ATPL(H).

Any comments (other than "the German CAA sucks"?)

I passed the theoretical exams for the issue of an ATPL(H) IR, i have MCC.

xtremalsound
9th Oct 2012, 20:56
Hello Hueyracer,

Really you are right, German CAA sucks.

In Spain and Portugal lots pilots contained their military hours to issue ATPL.

You know in EASA Land each country decides for itself so requirements changes for each one.

Good luck

Stallion85
9th Oct 2012, 21:04
Actually you can do this in Germany too. But only for German military pilots.
On which type of helicopter did you your 1000h MPH time?

hueyracer
10th Oct 2012, 05:02
Not on an EC135 or a CH-53...(I know the agreement between the MoD and the CAA in BesAnwLwA-AbtFlbBtrLw)....

And-i currently do not hold a valid MFS-H any more....