PDA

View Full Version : Its all news to me!

Chris Wannabe
14th Apr 2001, 20:26
I have just started my PPL and am currently sorting out my medical.....better to find out now if I'm up to the job!

I've done a bit of research on the routes to the ATPL with a job and my conclusion so far is if possible, to go for the integrated approach. The ultimate would be sponsorship included, but I guess this is everyone's dream.

The only scheme I've seen so far is BA, which I understand is extremely tough to get on. What suggestions do people have?

Also, is it worth me stumping up for a Class 1 medical to start with, not only to ensure I am fit to fly commercially, but to demonstate some commitment to prospective airlines?

How long normally do you have to wait before going to Gatwick once you've rung them?

Blackshirt
14th Apr 2001, 20:38
About 3 weeks.

SpeedBird22
14th Apr 2001, 20:46
If you're pretty certain you want a career as a commercial pilot then I would definitely recommend spending the extra money and effort to get a class 1 - as you said it demonstrates committment and will also save you hassle later on.

If you're not sure, then just go for the class 2 and take it from there.

Have fun,

:) SpeedBird22 :)

Blindside
14th Apr 2001, 22:53
When I rang to arrange my Class 1 they offered me a date in the same week. I couldn't make that one so I arranged another for 2 weeks later.

My certificate came through about a week after the test day.

regards

------------------
Half man, Half jalfrezi.