PDA

View Full Version : Syncing my jeppeson app to my new iPad. Will I need a serial code again?

gcc_
8th Oct 2012, 22:41
So my IPad 2 is a little slow with the jeppeson app, restarts on its own every now and then, and it's not even filled with many apps or anything.
Thinking of getting iPad 3 as ive read it's much faster.
If I back up all my apps to my laptop, then sync them on to my iPad 3, will I need the jeppeson serial code again?
Problem is I'm not sure I can get it.

Well?
Thanks guys.

aterpster
8th Oct 2012, 23:17
gcc

So my IPad 2 is a little slow with the jeppeson app, restarts on its own every now and then, and it's not even filled with many apps or anything.
Thinking of getting iPad 3 as ive read it's much faster.
If I back up all my apps to my laptop, then sync them on to my iPad 3, will I need the jeppeson serial code again?
Problem is I'm not sure I can get it.

If your app is Jepp FD, and if it is active, the serial number is displayed under the iPad's settings for Jepp FD.

gcc_
8th Oct 2012, 23:23
Aterpster,

Thanks very much man.
It will then definitely work I assume.
Is there a limit to how many people can use this serial number?
Thanks once again.

MarkerInbound
9th Oct 2012, 05:04
There's a limit, I think it depends on how many are paid for. Company I work for gave out serial numbers and log on, said the first 600 people can have it. Also said not to log on with two devices because that would prevent someone else from get it.

mutt
9th Oct 2012, 05:17
We have keys valid for single use, so if you dont uninstall the Ipad2 copy correctly, you wont be able to use that key on the Ipad3.

Strangely enough, I run it on an Ipad2 without speed issues.

mutt

aterpster
9th Oct 2012, 12:34
gcc:

Thanks very much man.
It will then definitely work I assume.
Is there a limit to how many people can use this serial number?
Thanks once again.

A standard subscription permits four devices to be recognized by Jeppesen's server. After the four slots are full, a device must be deactivated before another can be activated.

AerocatS2A
10th Oct 2012, 04:49
That's right. Four devices can use jeppview on the one subscription. That caters for most people's needs, desktop, laptop, iPad, and one spare. If you need to unsubscribe one device you can easily do that.

PT6A
10th Oct 2012, 08:12
On your current iPad, go onto settings, JeppesenFD then move the slider across to deactivate.

Then open up JeppesenFD, this will now release your serial for use on the new machine.

:)

777boeings
10th Oct 2012, 08:42
Does anyone know if there is a way to save a Jeppesen FD route on the ipad? (other than a screen capture)

AerocatS2A
11th Oct 2012, 09:12
Copy and paste the route from Jepp FD to the notes app or something similar, then if you need the same route again, copy/paste it back in to Jepp FD.

777boeings
11th Oct 2012, 09:15
Thanks AerocatS2A. Yup already worked that one out. But I was looking for a way to save the whole route, together with alternates etc. And yes I'm aware I can save selected airports.

reubenjosephdsouza
23rd Jan 2014, 09:39
Hi guys my airline has run out of the code distribution too many users I gues or so, so my jepp fd isnt updating,

Anyways I wanted to know how expensive would it be for me to apply or purchase an ndividual license or key from jepp for using jepp fd on my iPad

Anyone has done this ...

Please let me know

mutt
23rd Jan 2014, 10:25
About 13,000 EURO...... not cheap :)

Agent86
23rd Jan 2014, 10:32
IF you are running IOS7 and have the latest JeppFD you should see two buttons on the left of the enroute tab "New Flight" and "Save" and one on the right "Flights".

Once you create a flight (NEW) by Origin, Dest Alternates (separated by spaces) and route you can go into the Airports (Origin, Destination, Alternates and "Tick" the plates you want as your favourites. Then go back to Enroute and SAVE your "flight"

I save the Taxi, valid SIDs and emergency return approaches for the Origin; the Star and main approaches for the Destination and don't worry about favourites for the Alternates.

You can either two finger swipe from one plate to the next OR tap ONCE on the APP/TAXI/SID/STAR buttons on the left to go straight to your favourites. a second tap on any of the buttons will open up selection of all available plates in that group.

If you haven't got IOS7 ..this is what makes it worthwhile (for Jeppview anyway) ..don' t know if the IOS6 version has this option.

In Aus approaches are Georeferenced and you can set it so the Taxi plate comes up automatically as you slow to taxi speed and then follow your georeferenced path to the parking bay.

Don't do it at YPPH though ... the underlying TAXI data puts you about 800M East of your real position (and yes Jepp have been advised)

mixture
23rd Jan 2014, 20:34
Hi guys my airline has run out of the code distribution too many users I gues or so, so my jepp fd isnt updating,

Care to let us know the name of your airline so we can all avoid being pax on an airline that can't be bothered to update its jepps ? :E

the underlying TAXI data puts you about 800M East of your real position (and yes Jepp have been advised)

Wasn't that the excuse the chaps from BA used recently in Joberg ? :E