PDA

View Full Version : Private/AOC Business jets split

twinjetter
8th Oct 2012, 14:36
Random question -

Looking at the worldwide Business Jet fleet, what is the proportion split between purely private aircraft and those available for (legal:)) charter (or at least operated commercially for whatever reason)?

Thanks in advance - I can't even find a wet finger in the air guess online.

TWJ

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Oct 2012, 14:47
but which way...... I think 1/3 private 2/3 charter....

glf

what next
8th Oct 2012, 15:10
I can only give you an estimate based on counting the aircraft stationed at "my" airport. Of around 40 bizjets based here, five are operated privately. All the others are placed under one of the various AOCs. That makes 12 percent purely private operation.

First.officer
8th Oct 2012, 16:40
Hi TJ,

EBACE had some kind of safety consultation day earlier this year, and whilst the focus was on accidents/incidents, there were statistics for business jets relating to departure movements in category of operation, and the upshot splits (roughly) to 15% in the private category compared to Commercial (AOC) - as I recall !

F/o

His dudeness
8th Oct 2012, 18:21
We have - I think - 14 Jets here and all but one are private.

Runway is too short, so the commercial dude takes off commercially and lands private...

FrankR
9th Oct 2012, 01:39
Just because it is on an AOC, it does not mean it is available for charter. Being on an AOC provides tax and other advantages in the eyes of some owners.

My bet would be that 20-25% of large cabin jets are available to charter.

FR

Globally Challenged
9th Oct 2012, 09:27
I was under the impression (at least in the UK) that HMRC requires a minimum threshold of charter hours for an AOC aircraft in order to be properly eligible for all the tax breaks.

stuckgear
9th Oct 2012, 12:46
Looking at the worldwide Business Jet fleet, what is the proportion split between purely private aircraft and those available for (legalhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif) charter (or at least operated commercially for whatever reason)?

Thanks in advance - I can't even find a wet finger in the air guess online.

the proportion will change state to state and region to region.

Pace
9th Oct 2012, 16:32
And do not forget private jet operations flown by professional pilots have an overall accident rate of .3 per million hours flown ! AOC an attrocious 3 per million hours flown or 11 times the accident rate of private jets which equalled airline stats! A very good safety record for private jets a bad record for AOC ops which was even worse than owner flown private jets!

Pace