View Full Version : Request Information

stealth_117
7th Oct 2012, 22:51
Hey Guys,
I am sorry to ask if this topic is discussed earlier, i'm unable to find any info.

I am Planning to do my CPL in Cyclone Flight school in Cauayan, Philippines. Any Information would be helpful regarding this flying school.

Thanks in Advance.

VijayMallya
9th Oct 2012, 14:44
Don't go and waste your parents money.

captjns
9th Oct 2012, 14:48
Stealth 117

Do not limit yourself to the Phillipines. There are reputable schools in Australia, Canada, as well as the US. However do to student visa issues in the US, Canda, and Australia are more vialble.

Also, other places to consider are the South of Spain and Croatia. I believe it's Pula, Croatia is where a number of students in Europe have gone.

Good luck:ok:

Terror.Bird
10th Oct 2012, 05:50
I would ask you not to go there.. I have seen files in DGCA where they put their internal notes on a file. they mention PHILIPPINES (Read bold) underlined with red pen and highlighted with marker.

A guy I know was simply told his license can't be issued "Flying completed from philippines"
Hope you take a sane decision

T.B

cyrilroy21
10th Oct 2012, 07:09
The DGCA licensing department has stopped processing all license conversions from the Philippines for the past one year .

The only reason they give for not converting is that you done flying training from Philippines......

Recently a bunch of pilots have formed a group named Indian Pilot Voice ( search on facebook ) to press the DGCA to issue their licenses .

They met Director General and he assured them that they will start processing it soon . The Dy Director at the DTL told that they will start processing once they put up some new draft rules for conversion .
But its all on hold until then.....

In light of the above I would strongly suggest to stay away from the Philippines....