PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Bluetooth Mouse

srobarts
7th Oct 2012, 19:13
Can any one recommend a good bluetooth mouse for my son's laptop which is quiet when he clicks buttons? The ones we have tried at a local retailer have noisy clicks. Since he is a gamer the clicks can be irritating to others in the room when he plays. He also needs a good quality one so it will stand up to his gaming use.
thanks

Avionker
7th Oct 2012, 20:08
I've had one of these for 3 or 4 years now.

Logitech - V470 Cordless Laser Mouse for Bluetooth (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/v470-cordless-laser-mouse-for-bluetooth)

I think it's pretty quiet, and it's still going strong.

mike-wsm
7th Oct 2012, 20:13
Are you sure it's the mouse making the noise? It may be a deliberate feature in the laptop where artificial mouseclicks are generated and fed to the speakers. Gamers find this feedback useful. Easy test - plug in headphones, son can hear clicks on phones and others can't.

If the mouse is still annoying, get a silent mouse such as:
Nexus SM-9000

mixture
7th Oct 2012, 21:07
Apple mice have no mechanical buttons .... never tried it, but guess they'll probably work just fine on a PC.

srobarts
8th Oct 2012, 12:34
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. Think I will be getting one of the Nexus Silent mice. I will feedback how we get on.

srobarts
13th Oct 2012, 15:57
Nexus sm7000 silent mouse arrived yesterday. Not bluetooth but the nano-receiver is so small it is very neat. Brilliant, inaudible even to SWMBO's acute ears(she can hear the whisky decanter through four closed doors). One added bonus is the click mechanism is apparently ultra fast which helps serious gamers. All in all great success. Thanks to all for the help.