PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA Medical Branch e-mail correspondence

Andy Mayes
7th Oct 2012, 08:16
Anyone had an e-mail correspondence with the medical branch of the CAA in the last few weeks?

I sent them a not very urgent general medical query via e-mail 2 or 3 weeks ago as I didn't want to take up their time (or mine) on the telephone line, I got an auto response telling me they had received my e-mail and would reply within 48 hours or within 7 days if a confidential reply was needed for Data Protection reasons (it isn't).

Do I now ring them to find out if a human has received my email thus defeating the decision to send the email rather than use the phone in the first place or re-send or do I just take the drugs

The medical branch has been the easiest department at Aviation House to deal with via e-mail in the past.

DX Wombat
7th Oct 2012, 09:33
Try another email first but I suspect that something similar to this is what is happening. After I had my cataract op somebody from the Medical Branch rang me to tell me that I my medical restriction had now been lifted. That person took the trouble to telephone as there was a huge backlog of paperwork and it would have been a long time before I received written notification and "It would be a shame to waste all this lovely weather". It was a much appreciated gesture from a very helpful deprtment of the CAA. :ok:

Andy Mayes
7th Oct 2012, 16:44
Thanks Wombat, agreed they are usually very helpful, much better than all my dealings with FCL over the last 20 years!

I'll try them with another e-mail.

Regards.

Jarvy
10th Oct 2012, 14:58
Medical branch never reply by e-mail. They reply by letter which can take a couple of weeks at best.
Have been dealing with them for years now and its just the way they do things. If you got the automated reply it means that it arrived so its just a mater of waiting.