PDA

View Full Version : Royal victorian areo club YTDN

cirrus_
6th Oct 2012, 21:24
Does anyone know if RVAC has started operations at Tooradin? and what fleet they are running? any info would be good.

michael36
6th Oct 2012, 22:04
Try giving them a call, I'm sure they have the most accurate information

peterc005
7th Oct 2012, 08:56
I doubt it. There is a busy RAA school at YTDN, but I don't think there is any GA training there.

You might see a few RVAC planes passing thru Tooradin, but I haven't seen anything else.

VH-XXX
7th Oct 2012, 09:12
If you don't know, don't comment!

There have been discussions which I believe are still in progress between AusAir Services and RVAC. Discussions of this nature as you can imagine do take a while, so stay tuned, nothing is out of the question.

As Michael36 says, best give them a call for an update and ETA.

peterc005
8th Oct 2012, 01:10
Seems a bit far fetched. RVAC and Ausair are culturally very different. I guess they both have a bar and restaurant, but not much else in common.

Given RVAC pulled out of Coldstream not that long ago it seems strange they would want to plonk down in Tooradin.

Maybe Ausair wants to expand into GA training under the RVAC umbrella.

VH-XXX
8th Oct 2012, 01:19
No, it's not far fetched. Like I said, if you don't know.....

Personally I would say that the cultures are quite aligned. If you said Tooradin versus Oxford, it would be a different story.

Aimpoint
8th Oct 2012, 02:15
For the doubters, something is happening...today's AFAP website:

Tooradin Based
The Royal Victorian Aero Club currently seeking expressions of interest for Grade 1 or Grade 2 Flight Instructor to work casual hours at our Satellite field at Tooradin, Victoria.

jas24zzk
8th Oct 2012, 10:43
Given I am YCEM based, and was there under RVAC, i think i might need some more popcorn!!!!!

The CP couldn't run YCEM without problems, and now they expect him to run in a joint school arrangement???

http://www.mustangtech.com.au/images/smiles/gimmebeer.gif

peterc005
9th Oct 2012, 02:54
Guess it makes sense. RVAC could offer an RAA pathway for members and Ausair could offer GA to it's people.

I've known a couple of Ausair instructors and been impressed and thought they'd be a good RAA option.

VH-XXX
22nd Oct 2012, 10:04
Well there you go...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bc_j400/rvac.jpg

jas24zzk
22nd Oct 2012, 10:11
Yep,
link from another thread saw me staring at the RVAC advert for C1.C2 destructors.