PDA

View Full Version : What CASR do S.Kidman and AACo operate under?

FloRider
5th Oct 2012, 21:18
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction…

I did some flying (cattle mustering) for S.Kidman & Co as well as AACo a few years ago and have recently been asked if the hours can be classed at ATO hours?

Would anyone know what Rule they operate under or how I could find this out?

Cheers!

OZBUSDRIVER
5th Oct 2012, 22:56
ATO hours??? As in whether or not you should be paid at a higher rate?

Interesting point. The operation is clearly private if you are an employee operating a Kidman aircraft working Kidman stock on Kidman land. As long as you have the correct training for low level work. I would wonder if the company would even need to produce an ops manual or provide any paraphernalia required by an AOC or even required to hold an AOC. If no AOC then what restrictions on duty times, you could quite possibly fly from BOD to EOD 7 days a week during the muster....is that what you ask? Whether the operation should be under an AOC or PVT ops?

Bit more info, you hired as a stockman with a licence or hired as a CPL to work stock.

training wheels
5th Oct 2012, 23:00
.. and can you tell us what ATO hours are?

FloRider
5th Oct 2012, 23:45
Thanks OZBUSPILOT. Yea I guess I was asking whether the operation is under AOC or private. Rather, what type of hours I could say I have in my log book.

I vaguely remember that it was private operations, I just couldn't be sure and was wondering if there was somewhere that I could find that information out.

I was hired as a Pilot/Stationhand, so did both flying and general station hand duties.

Pilotette
6th Oct 2012, 00:08
S.Kidman & Co. don't hold or operate under an AOC, the operation is purely PVT and I would assume the same for AA Co too. The hours would be classified as PVT, mustering etc but hours are hours in the logbook! The only time you wouldn't be able to count them is if you are required to state hours flown under commercial ops, which is very seldom asked for, generally time in months or years under commercial ops might be asked. Station pilots only need a Private Licence although most companies prefer a CPL.