PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Courses

kebabman
15th Jul 2001, 22:08
Has anyone here done an atpl in 44 weeks? I read this on a website, for ormond beach, and was wandering if a) obtaining a frozen atpl in 44 weeks was possible and b) if anyone has done this, was it good? My fear is that it will be unrecognised and there will be too much to learn in too short time. Any experiences? You can email if you want at: [email protected] thanks :confused: :confused:

clear prop!!!
16th Jul 2001, 00:24
Well, for a start you can’t do your ATPL ground school there. You can’t do your CPL there. You can’t do your IR there! What they are offering is a PPL and some hour building basically. I assume they will lock you in to a ground school, CPL course and IR course of their choice over here.

Be your own man! If you wish to go modular, which this is, control your own destiny.. choose your own ground school etc!.

44 weeks?, well maybe, but there are a lot of factors and potential delays along the way which even OBA can’t claim to overcome!..but ther again they might!!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/down.gif

kebabman
16th Jul 2001, 00:45
Whats the ATPL ground school? Is that the classroom bit? Is the CPL the commercial part? How come I cant do instrument reading then? Thanks for any help, paul

mad_jock
16th Jul 2001, 01:21
There is other issues as well email me.

I think this might be old data as well.

Can't say more or the thread will be locked.

If you have time wait until the xmas seminars i am sure you can get some word of mouth info there. With any luck i will be there look for the 6 foot ugly chap with no dress sense. ;)

MJ