PDA

View Full Version : Dual Sim Cards for iphones

Maple Leafs
4th Oct 2012, 02:32
Now where in Mong Kok do we take our phones to receive dual sim cards?

Thanks in advance.:ok:

mr Q
4th Oct 2012, 04:39
Cannot put dual sim in genuine I Phone or Blackberry
Counterfeit I phones and blackberry phones are readily available with dual sims
Locked smartphones can be unlocked to facilitate use of different sim but not dual sim

crwjerk
4th Oct 2012, 05:00
Just don't answer your phone on G days. Simple. Save your money.

Bograt
4th Oct 2012, 05:20
I've seen an iphone case with space in the back for 2 cards and an adaptor that ran from the space into the sim slot on the side. All contained within the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznO-Eqf7_g&feature=related

Maple Leafs
4th Oct 2012, 08:31
Thanks Bograt, I believe that’s what I was looking for. I was told there was a place in Mong Kok that can do the job, just don’t know exactly where.

Anyone know?

Thanks

sodapop
4th Oct 2012, 16:50
You can get the Qsim in Sham Shui Po. Take the exit for Apilu (spelling?) street, opposite from the computer centre. I believe exit C. When you get topside, go diagonally right across the intersection to the first telephone repair stand. They should have it and installed it for me for 250 hkd if I recall correctly.

This device gives you 3 sim card capability.

Cheers,
Soda

Maple Leafs
5th Oct 2012, 12:34
Thanks Sodapop:ok:. Yes been there before for other reasons.

jetset
6th Oct 2012, 03:33
How does it work? Is there a switch to change sim cards?

F_one
6th Oct 2012, 04:52
How does it work? Is there a switch to change sim cards?

Once the device is plugged into your phone a new icon will appear on your iPhone. By selecting this app you can then select which sim should be the active one. Only one sim can be active at a time

jetset
6th Oct 2012, 07:59
Thanks F_one

Much appreciated.

F_one
6th Oct 2012, 08:17
I use to have this system a long time time ago, and on second thought it might have been an extra menu that appeared in the settings "app" and not a completely new standalone app.