PDA

View Full Version : Rivets phone problem

Milo Minderbinder
3rd Oct 2012, 21:41
Rivets - you posted a question re your Cliq XT
Instructions to do a hard reset on it are at How to hard reset the Motorola CLIQ XT - Know Your Cell (http://www.knowyourcell.com/motorola/motorola-cliq-xt/cliq-xt-guides/484416/how_to_hard_reset_the_motorola_cliq_xt.html)

However - if all you really don't want the fancy stuff just go and buy a $20 cheapo phone. Don't mess around with this one

(original thread vanished into the ether)

Loose rivets
3rd Oct 2012, 23:36
Yep, thanks. I deleted it cos it was getting over complicated for such a simple issue.

I'll look at your link tonight. I do have the manual, but it's a pdf of 97 pages. Just what us old-timers hate in the middle of plumbing, gluing woodwork, fixing . . . well, everything.

I persevere with this phone cos I've got so many things like 3 batteries, two chargers, two headphones etc., etc. I won them due arguing about the 4 phones they sent be before I got a good one.

The T-mob bloke simply missed out a method of getting me onto wi-fi to initiate the total out-of-the-box style reset of the phone. Prior to that, it was chicken-and-egg trying to do it via a signal it couldn't initiate.

Motorola I have to say, were very helpful, though don't know what I'd have done if I'd not had a router.