PDA

View Full Version : CJ2 rating

Henrik83
3rd Oct 2012, 07:01
Hi guys,

I'm off to Farnborough later in the day to do my CJ2 rating at Flight Safety. I would appreciate any tips/tricks/hints from you CJ drivers out there.

Thanks in advance :)
/Henrik

Cecco
6th Oct 2012, 13:37
FS in Farnborough has a bad reputation among (CJ) pilots, main complaint being nasty, incompetent instructors...

Make your own experiences there and let us know!

Cecco

unimuts
6th Oct 2012, 13:58
Cecco are they the same instructors teaching on the C550 ? If so i would agree with you.

Cecco
7th Oct 2012, 21:33
I think they are also teaching on the C550

Pittspilot
8th Oct 2012, 09:13
Hi Henrik,
don't worry too much. We have been for a different type at FSI in EGLF and the US. The US approach usually is more relaxed, but once you drop all preoccupation about the British way of teaching, you will have a good time and enjoy a very good and dedicated training.

The Farnborough instructors are not too keen to get you onto the GFS (Grafical Flight Simulator) machines. By any chance try to get your hands on them, if they are available for the CJ2!

On rare occasions the SFIs tend to overpressure the trainee, but don’t hesitate to speak up. Your are the client and someone from your side is writing the check to FSI – and they are aware of that!

Enjoy your time! :ok:

Cecco
11th Oct 2012, 07:27
They use a CJ2 sim at FS Farnborough, I guess that´s why he mixed it up.

@jtelling: can you confirm that the C525 rating will cover the Citation M2???

Henrik83
19th Oct 2012, 16:15
Course completed, mentally drained but I'm very pleased with FSI. Not saying that just because I passed the skill test today. Competent instructors and nice personnel overall.

tommoutrie
19th Oct 2012, 20:03
and thats exactly why seeking advice on Prune is a bad idea. Have fun in the CJ - tis a mighty steed!

Henrik83
20th Oct 2012, 02:29
Agreed! Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Cecco
22nd Oct 2012, 07:55
Congrats! Good to hear that things have changed there.