PDA

View Full Version : Amazon uk and latest edition of firefox,

glad rag
30th Sep 2012, 18:17
Frustratingly do NOT get along.

Royal pia trying to get logged in.

And failing grrr......

Any clues folks? everything else works ok.....

GR

Saab Dastard
30th Sep 2012, 18:24
What version of FF, and what OS?

I'm on Win 7 Pro x64 with FF 15.0.1 and have no problems with login to Amazon.co.uk.

Perhaps clearing your cookies and cache would be a starting point.

Have you any add-on / plug-ins? Temporarily disable them and try again. I've got ABP and No-Script running.

SD

mixture
30th Sep 2012, 21:20
Pretty much what Saab said... have you been messing around with the basic Firefox (e.g. changing cookie preferences, installing plugins etc).

You might just have taken your fiddling a bit too far.

glad rag
30th Sep 2012, 21:52
I've got ABP and No-Script running.

Ditto! not too sure what has changed settings wise if anything, tbh, will have a delve later...

Ancient Observer
1st Oct 2012, 13:41
Win 7/64
FF 15.0.1.
Amazon works fine for me.

green granite
1st Oct 2012, 14:24
If you need to, install 'IE Tab' plug in, that way you can call up the site using the IE. engine from within FireFox, you can even save the url in the add on so it automatically opens in the IE tab.

Also check what noscript is blocking and addblocker.

mixture
1st Oct 2012, 16:13
If you need to, install 'IE Tab' plug in, that way you can call up the site using the IE. engine from within FireFox, you can even save the url in the add on so it automatically opens in the IE tab.

Erm, no, you don't.

Amazon works fine in an undoctored Firefox. He needs to fix whatever he messed up in his plugins/configs.

Firefox 15.0.1 works fine on Mac and PC for me.

green granite
1st Oct 2012, 16:59
Mixture, I am merely suggesting that if all else fails there is a fall back position.

Milo Minderbinder
1st Oct 2012, 20:56
try allowing Amazon within No-Script
You may also need to enable other sites as welll as the payments page will almost certainly use cross-domain scripting