PDA

View Full Version : Global Express Type Rating

Random Route
30th Sep 2012, 14:07
Hi guys.

Does anyone know if the whole Global Express family is covered by 1 type rating under the Swiss Registry?

And while I'm at it. On an AOC operation how does it work when you've 4 pilots on the Challenger and a Global comes in its place? Do we get a line trainer from Bombardier? Or do 2 of the guys get rated 1st and go out to other groups to get some time on type?

All new to me as been on 604/605 for 8 years!

Enecosse
30th Sep 2012, 16:49
Yeah it's a common type. There is some training required before you can use certain stuff like the HUD. I not sure if you can jump between a BD700 and the new Vision setup without a sim famil. The new 7000 and 8000 will be the same type rating also.

CaptainProp
30th Sep 2012, 16:56
Our guys were sent for difference training for new Global Vision.

CP

Random Route
30th Sep 2012, 16:58
Thanks for that. We're supposed to be getting a 5000, but if something with longer legs comes up at the right price I think the big man may consider it too. Seeing as its a common rating, its great one to have.

Next big question. Does he train us all up or go for some new rated guys?!
:uhoh:

Welle
30th Sep 2012, 22:38
hi RR

Global Express, XRS and Global 5000 are one Type Rating in EASA world.

Global 5000 Vision Flight Deck and Global 6000 Vision Flight Deck are covered with the same Type Rating, but you need a conversion course, actually only offered by bombardier (22.000 CAD) - ca 4 days groundschool plus 12 hrs SIM

Global 7000 and Global 8000 (not out before 2016/17) will most likely be a separate type rating (fly by wire) - to my knowledge

Support by bombardier:
upon purchase of a new acft you usually get 2 (or 4 weeks, dep on contract) line support by bombardier - thereafter you have to pay extra, or get freelance pilots etc....

AOC operation:
i guess your OM-A also asks for 20 sectors or 100hrs to be qualified to operate on commercial operations

training:
choose bombardier in montreal - can recommend them highly, good trainers, nice facility, HUD and EVS trg covered in initial type ..etc...

rgds from YUL
welle