PDA

View Full Version : What is this airport

nomorecatering
29th Sep 2012, 06:22
Does anyone recognise this airport.

Multimedia Gallery (http://www.cessna.com/citation/citation-ten/citation-ten-gallery.html)

Bottom row middle pic

has a single runway 17/35 looks to be about 6000' long, has parallel taxiways on both sides and aprons on both sides which is quite unusual. The airport sits next to a freeway. By the lush vegetation looks like Virginia or an eastern state.

sevenstrokeroll
30th Sep 2012, 00:59
hey friend...not sure as I couldn't even see the picture (ancient computer)...but by the description, I offer this 5500 foot runway/ 17/35 in LEESBURG Virginia, near Washington DC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leesburg_Executive_Airport

hope it is the right one...used to live out that way...very lush...

Bushfiva
30th Sep 2012, 01:17
Not Leesburg, methinks.

nomorecatering
30th Sep 2012, 08:04
Its a close match but not the one.

Leesburg has only 1 parallel taxiway.

Reason I', asking is my misus has made the Cessna pic my wall paper so i;m staring at it all day and its bugging me not knowing where it is.

flynverted
30th Sep 2012, 09:34
My first thought was KCHO, but that's not it. Try posting it on the "Where on earth" thread in JB. :ok: Sabredog will nail it.

sevenstrokeroll
30th Sep 2012, 13:32
the first airport I checked was charlottesville (KCHO)...but the runway came up 21/3.

my old computer...proving that I am really a cheap airline pilot, won't display the picture...if it could be posted in another way it might help me anyway.

roanoke and manassas come to mind but I haven't checked.

MarkerInbound
30th Sep 2012, 17:01
Roanoke has a crossing runway and Manassas has a parallel runway so not them.

7Stroke, it's got non-precision approach markings so scratch everything with an ILS. The taxiways are like [ ] along each side with 3 crossing taxiways going straight across towards the north end where the ramps are.

340drvr
30th Sep 2012, 21:32
KOWP, Sand Springs, Oklahoma. (I know, looks like too many trees. Why they are there on a X photo-shoot is another question; not far from Wichita, perhaps?)

nomorecatering
1st Oct 2012, 00:48
340 drvr...you are a legend. Sand Springs is a perfect match.

Thanks mate.

Rotorhead1026
1st Oct 2012, 01:47
Why they are there on a X photo-shoot is another question; not far from Wichita, perhaps?)

It's about 110 nm. I haven't a clue; it may be that a really good photographer works out of there.

dan1165
1st Oct 2012, 16:53
Looks like a fake airport ...

galaxy flyer
1st Oct 2012, 23:45
It's Sand Springs, OK. Photog maybe Paul Bowen, he works out of KICT and exclusively does aerial work. Great guy, BTW..

GF