View Full Version : Thai R Air is Sunny Airways

Thai R Us
29th Sep 2012, 03:57
Do not be fooled: Thai R Air is AOC & management from Sunny Airways, including Sakuntala & Preecha & the "Thai partners" who told us that paying the staff is not their problem. Sunny Airways did not pay the staff for more than a year. The owner of the 767 paid the staff for 5 months this year, until he repossessed the 767, which was not paid once during the same year that the staff was not paid and it did not even have insurance on it while sitting at Suvarnabhumi. The office rent, fuel, catering, airport and ATC were all not paid, too.

The chief pilot and an FO took the aircraft to maintenance on orders from the management, then the management went to the police to accuse them of stealing the 767. These are evil people - do not be fooled.

Thai R Us
13th Oct 2012, 15:21
Ask anybody in Thai R headquarters who received Preecha and Roni, the CEO of Sunny Airways for five months earlier this year and partner in the 767 aircraft which was repossessed. They visited Thai R headquarters together this week.

kwaiyai
14th Oct 2012, 03:07
No need I saw the 737 at DM allready:eek:

chai ja
14th Oct 2012, 04:37
Oh and DMK-FRA return is about 900 euro...and pay by PAYPAL..what a farce!!

kwaiyai
14th Oct 2012, 07:49
PayPal!! U probably will never see that again or the Aircraft,,

Thai R Us
5th Nov 2012, 00:41
I see mention of 777 & 737 recruitment and sighting of a 737 at DM in the comments above. Yet, the company is advertising ATR-72 service between DM & HKT. Does anybody know which of these fleet choices is serious?

ZFT
5th Nov 2012, 01:01
Any info on Tachi Airlines. Allegedly starting up with A320s out of VTBD?

RP-C000
5th Nov 2012, 03:29
Thai R Air is planning for a 12/12/12 launch has anyone seen the A320's :=:uhoh: or the pilots ?

Airbus Full Throttle Promotion | ThaiRegionalAirline (http://www.thairegionalairlines.com/?p=1385)

Thai R Us
8th Nov 2012, 01:10
Ah, yes, the boss is associated with somebody high up in the government. At Sunny Airways, besides Preecha and his thug Mafia friends, we had the venal and ignorant Sathian who was fronting for what he claimed is the Minister of Finance. Is that who you are referring to? These are all corrupt crooks and leeches who put no money into the company and simply extort money and favours from others as if they are feudal lords. In the meantime, they rack up debts and refuse to pay employees, suppliers and vendors while sucking all cash and assets from the company.

These are people who lie about everything, treat others very shabbily, do not honour anything they say, will place unqualified personnel in key operating and safety positions, and have no qualms about ordering and bullying employees into undertaking operations which are clearly in violation of industry protocol, DCA regulations and safe operating procedures.

Horrible, awful, venal people - do not even consider getting caught up in this.

kingair9
18th Dec 2012, 20:22
The entire story blew. European flights canx, no rebooking, passengers booked can ask an obscure office in Thailand for a refund (or can contemplate to give it up from the beginning).

Thai R Airlines Blog (http://thairairlines.sitebob.com/)

jack s
27th Dec 2012, 15:23
https://www.facebook.com/ThaiRegional they have runaway with peoples money.. :ugh::mad:

kwaiyai
30th Dec 2012, 12:34
I guess you take that 2 ways chum.
We are breaking out the weenies and Marshmallows here in BKK,
Same to you.

jack s
1st Jan 2013, 07:24
Passengers in limbo as TRA stalls | Bangkok Post: business (http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/aviation/328409/passengers-in-limbo-as-tra-stalls)

Thai Regional Airlines has ripped of the pax :mad:

wbtieke
1st Jan 2013, 16:09
Does anyone know if U Airlines is going to restart flying ? There have been rumors that Thai Regional is interested in their two A320's.

ZFT
1st Jan 2013, 20:05
When did they stop?

mcdu380
7th Jan 2013, 09:15
U air flew to Korea on Friday the 4th, Heard them on the radio.
It seems they are flying.
Dont know much about them.
search on the internet shows they have an A320.
Plans for 17.

kwaiyai
10th Jan 2013, 02:01
City Airlines now advertise for 737/400 TRE/TRI's its on climbto350.

mcdu380
10th Jan 2013, 07:00
heard them on the radio.They are flying.
So how come there are posts saying they are not................??????????
Its a lot of surprise that FOD gone to another airline if so which one???????

A lot of ... here with out any truth.........
Can someone write some real facts whats going on at TRA,U,R etc

ZFT
14th Jan 2013, 05:43
Really - any idea where from?

ZFT
14th Jan 2013, 12:10
Having ‘survived’ within this environment for far too long now I would suggest that admitting to breaking immigration law by working without a Work Permit is somewhat risky.
I don’t doubt anything you state but you have limited rights and (from bitter experience) you can’t win this way.

mcdu380
14th Jan 2013, 17:23
Heard a story today from a Pilot that Kan air has a new team .
The whole FOD from U air have moved to kan air.
The team is under a former Capt from Air asia who was the Director ops at U .He has taken three of his friends from U Air along with another 4 Capts.
May be someone can light up is this is true????????????

So now U air might be stuck with out pilots???????

may be kan air will bring A320..............

This is an interesting ....................... climate............:D:D:D

ZFT
15th Jan 2013, 07:56
ToMCAT_FR

Good luck .

We were told (some off) the pilots reported U to the police over non payment of salaries. Seems they then got paid.

mcdu380

Not sure the rumour that all of Flight Ops have gone over either is totally accurate.

jack s
26th Jan 2013, 03:43
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=553468801339133&set=o.391122117647725&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/#!/praangkhan.panthiya?fref=ts

he is the "CEO" of Thai Regional Air picture speaks the 1000 words... :D:}

Stewsan
30th Jan 2013, 08:10
U-airlines lost most of their flight crews, that left without notice, and are now in the process of hiring. They are still flying and yes, it's a cutthroat business. When I flew in the Philippines, the airlines would offer $30,000 in cash to pilots of competing airlines to jump ship and join them. That is a lot of coin in the Philipines. I've joined U-Air and before I get slammed by the so called experts, you have no idea of my situation so I have no need of your advice. The day and age of nice secure airlines is getting to be a thing of the past. I spent most of my life flying for one of the best airlines in the world. I joined at 34 years old, as a B747 Captain, and after almost 20 years, thought it would never end.

I'll do my best, give U-Air a part of my 30+ years of airline experience, alot of long days, and if it works, great. If not? well, there is always another LCC just around the corner, plus I'm in Thailand. It doesn't get much better than that.

viking320
31st Jan 2013, 14:29
For anyone interested in U airlines
U airlines is the former Crystal Thai Airlines. The investors are different.They say they have money. But they have trouble in paying the salaries.When they started they could not attract anyone to fly for them. this includes Locals as well as expats Finally they found four expats to join in June 2012.
The company did the initial flight for DCA and was given all the permits to operate. Then ten local Pilots from Thai air asia joined under a new DO . The former DO was moved to another department. He along with his tribes set the rules. they started operations in to China,Korea.
The investor behind the U made bold statements that 17 aeroplanes are coming. its going to be the next best airline in Thailand.......

The DO started to do the upgrades for the Local Pilots . Four Local pilots trained for that. After about a month the simulator training centre asked for the payment of the use of simulator only to find out that the company dont have money to pay. They stopped the simulators. The poor upgrade pilots got stuck with only one sim to go for the check.
The DO then put money from his pocket and paid for the sims inorder to complete the training of his pilots.

The company did not pay the salaries on time for the month of Nov, Dec.
many many dates were given to pilots about the payment But it was allways a broken promise. At last all the local Thai pilots resigned.
The operations was stopped in due to no crew.

The expat pilots was on leave. They were called in to come back early from the vacation. Mind you They still have not paid the salaries. To see the company keep going expats came back early.
Now as with the twists and turns of Thai politics one of the pilots who resigned from the company decided to take up the position as New DO.

This is the Third DO in little as 6 months. they promised payment of November and december salaries in Jan. Then they paid that on 17th of Jan.
There was no perdiems and other expenses paid. Just the salary......
With this the flights continued.
Now few days back they put an add for A320 capts .with a mouth watering offers. many will find out the hard way that the contract is not worth anything...... They break all the promises .

Today the Jan salary is late by 6 days. Then again the DO says will get the salary on Feb 5 ............ No salary. No perdiems.
The engineer says he requests for the parts and no money from the mangement to fix the airplane.
God knows how they get away with these things.

Expat Pilots refuse to fly more than 34 hours in 7 days.....
many many problems.
broken promises............. No salaries......

My friend said this is a disaster waiting to happen.......

he is looking to get out.... as soon as possible....

LindbergB767
1st Feb 2013, 06:13
I am sorry but ALL those Airlines in Thailand or any where else, who can not afford to pay the employees salary should be closed down
If they can NOT pay the salary, they d ont pay landing fees, spare parts, ect ect
They become very dangerous airlines
If you accept to fly without salary for 1 week, 1 month, or more you are playing the game of the crooks who own and run those kind of Airlines
Yes Airlines industrie changed a lot (I am flying since 40 years) BUT it is not a reason to become an aviation prostitute and accept anything because, at the end you will make it even worse

viking320
5th Feb 2013, 08:05
More news
Yes u had an emergency in to RCTP in December. I heard from the pilots that it was a rapid decompression . No one was hurt except some crews did not get enough oxygen later it was found that the oxygen chemical generators was faulty Thai DCA is investigating
Also the airplane is having many problems
So current pilots are refusing to fly like they should
The CEO and the new DO are trying to force the pilots

Also the try to get new pilots on cheap salary

By the way if anyone wants to know what they pay the current pilots

Capts. Basic. 150000
Accommodation 60000
Transport. 20000
60 hours flight pay 70000

FO with 1500 hrs on type 120000 basic
The rest same

FO less than 1500 on type 70000 basic
The ready same

So if anyone goes for less than this then you all know what you call them in the English language. Pros.........t

kwaiyai
5th Feb 2013, 11:27
Before or after Tax?
Are they paying Tax?
Are they paying Tax only on Basic or making up stories that only Basic is Taxable again?

viking320
6th Feb 2013, 01:47
I heard from friends that its before Tax.Its taxed on the total amount so you pay between 20 to 30 % on tax . The company take the tax out .I am not sure how much exact is the tax as I dont live in Thailand.

Stewsan
6th Feb 2013, 13:39
as of today, on a gross of 270,000 baht, the company will take out around 19,000 in taxes and this is what I have been told by one of the pruners that is in this chat. Hang tight for a month and I'll be able to give you a live answer. The pay, for what ever reason, when it's paid, is one of the highest in SE Asia. It would be great if this company survived despite it's problems and an employee sharing detailed negative comments with us. I personally don't approve as I believe when you sign on with a company, there is a certain amount of loyalty involved. I've been involved with a few companies that I don't always see eye to eye with but the last thing I would do is go on a public forum in an attempt to run them into the ground. All new airlines have their growing pains, better to give them your all and if you don't like it, there are lots of jobs out there. I worked for a company in Asia for almost 20 years and even though they paid well over 200K per year and most got between 14-18 days off per month ( in a block ). I had to listen to constant complaints from guys I flew with, at what a miserable job it was. Pilots.

viking320
6th Feb 2013, 14:57
Truth is allways bitter.................:ooh::ugh::ooh:

mcdu380
6th Feb 2013, 15:02
Tiger Capt Basic pay 8000S$ , FO 5400 S$
Flight Pay S$ 113 per Hour, FO 76S$ per hour

Cost of living high Rent 2000-3500 S$
My car Toyota corolla $65000
My son school 20000 Per year.

kwaiyai
7th Feb 2013, 14:11
It should be 34% thats what it was at my last Company at SVB and the salary was similar as a capt, Sounds like they are taxing basic only.
Regds,

Stewsan
8th Feb 2013, 15:27
Scarecrow, you are 100% correct and Zia, I have a feeling we.....oops! Please let me explain in my native tongue.....

r先生设法掩藏他的身分,因此管理不发现谁指责在一个公开论坛的公司并且不终止。他比我讲或写中文不再讲法语

mcdu380
25th Feb 2013, 02:18
Can someone give an idea about what to expect for an interview with u air in BKK . I finish my 3 month contract in march with Cambodia Skywings . I am keen to stay nearby.
Thanks in advance

Thaihawk
2nd Mar 2013, 12:25
This outfit seem to be doing something correctly.They seemed to be busy over the Chinese New Year and it appears a second A320(MSN314) in on the way.

mcdu380
3rd Mar 2013, 03:21
The U plane the orange colour HSCTA is parked right now in the remote parking area in ICN . I saw it on the way in today to ICN.
Also met with few crew staying at Best Western . I can confirm that the plane is grounded due technical . The crew does not know much. They infact looking for their Capt .
Cheers

stiffy_pro
5th Mar 2013, 08:31
Yesterday, I met one of the guy who works for U Air, he confirmed the news that, Yes there was some technical issue with an aircraft in ICN, got grounded, all pax and crew went back to the hotel and then Captain disappeared.:eek:

Captain has a pretty good experience under his belt and he has flown Jumbos for a legacy carrier.

I was astounded at the Captain's run, how could a Captain run away from a situation, leaving his crew behind. :confused::oh:

Thaihawk
6th Mar 2013, 10:34
Evidently U-Air's second A320,HS-CTC is not far from delivery.

mcdu380
16th Mar 2013, 13:19
Check This out

āļ‚āđˆāļēāļ§āđ€āļ›āļīāļ”āļ•āļąāļ§āļŠāļēāļĒāļāļēāļĢāļšāļīāļ™ U Airlines - YouTube

paulkang
1st Oct 2013, 15:51
Yes absolutely right they were bunch of crooks as they spouse to buy the lease from me after signing the agreement and I spend the money they gone to the owner directly for owner which he agreed with me to sell aircraft on lease purchase bases. I put $50,000 deposit which also I lost. Well I say all deserve this

Thaihawk
3rd Oct 2013, 13:30
R Airlines have taken delivery of A320-211 LY-VES (MSN466) from Avion Express last week,and this was added to the Thai register as HS-RCB on the 1st October.

Their former B737-HS-RCA was cancelled fron the Thai register some time ago and remains at Don Muang looking worse for wear.

Are this outfit likely to stary flights?.

The U-Air A320 remains parked at Suvarnabhumi,where it has been since Songkran.Looks like they are history.Comments?.