PDA

View Full Version : How many hours TBO for King Air 350

bluehawaii
29th Sep 2012, 03:22
Ladies and Gents, I am not an aircraft engineer or technician but will like to know how many hours of operation does a PT6-60A engine have from zero hours to the next engine overhaul.
I need the information to determine how many hours of operation will be available before buying an aircraft. Thanks.

Saint Jack
29th Sep 2012, 03:47
bluehawaii: Before buying any aircraft you must first obtain a number of documents relating to the specific aircraft you're considering and study them carefully. The most immediate question to be answered is 'does the aircraft have any accident/damage history'. If it does - move on, there are plenty of other King Air 350's available. Another document that you must obtain is the Component Status Report (or similarly titled), this lists all of the components fitted to the specific aircraft that have a published retirement/overhaul life. This states, among other details, the life of each component and sub-assembly, look for the engines then go along the line to the column that gives the 'time remaining' details - this is what you're looking for. For the PT6 series of engines ensure you are aware of the difference between 'time to overhaul' and 'time to HSI', it's a big difference. Finally, since you appear rather unsure of this process I strongly recommend that you engage an independant and experience King Air 350 mechanic to assist you with a physical inspection of the aircraft and All of the historical records.

stevef
29th Sep 2012, 05:18
Basic TBO - 3600 hours.
Basic HSI - 1800 hours.
Source: E*ravia.aero

bluehawaii
29th Sep 2012, 11:04
Thank you for all the information, it is very helpful.