PDA

View Full Version : Air baltic

ego180
28th Sep 2012, 13:23
Do You guys and gals have any feedback about air Baltic and his type and line training on the 737 classic ?

The Eternal JP
28th Sep 2012, 17:33
Save yourself the money and don't. I know of guys and girls with 3000+ hours on type that are looking for work. It's a dying fleet. If you're going to go 73, go NG.

Mozes
3rd Oct 2012, 12:33
They say that the 2011 line training pilots eventually received standard employment at Air Baltic ... I doubt it. Does anyone know more about this linetraining program?

rbaiapinto
5th Oct 2012, 13:41
Do someone know how's the current situation at AirBaltic, in terms of fleet, expansion, etc...?

And future employment perspectives?

Thanks!

Nuovomondo
9th Oct 2012, 12:57
Hi ego180 ,
I know a lot of people who did the program with them and all ran like hell.
not to speaking about the quality of training that is really bad, but the most important thing is that the line training is an option and you didn't for sure , really at least very few did!
The machines are disgusting, as are the limits of decency ...
If you need to do a type of 737 hours go to Oxford but without a job I do not recommend it .
bye.

LESBer
13th Oct 2012, 22:22
I haven't heard anything negative about them, and believe me I've done some research. If there were so many people disgusted by the training it would be out there under google's spotlight, specially after spending that amount of money.
Sooooo is there anyone out there that can say anything about Air Baltic from their own experience? It would be highly appreciated by the rest of us out here :ok:

Mozes
23rd Oct 2012, 08:52
There are people who got a job afterwards apparently ... most likely only seasonal contracts. LT has to be paid yourself. Only catch is that there is no guarantee on LT until you finished TRT and are 20k Euro more down the drain.

TR = performance check and during, or thereafter, a psychological assessment (interview, personality test etc.). Gives you plenty of opportunities to fail to be selected for a LT seat. (or gives them more possible reasons that you didn't fit in their profile).

Hope someone else has some interesting info to share?

Wesker
24th Oct 2012, 09:57
3 out of 27 people got an extended contract after this summers LT. Why would they let people stay when they can get new pilots to pay to fly?

HaBuraTop
25th Oct 2012, 16:47
Wesker, where did you get this information from?

Wesker
25th Oct 2012, 22:38
Does the low number surprise you?

HaBuraTop
26th Oct 2012, 11:49
No they don't. But I've heard slightly different numbers. Thats why Im asking you.

Mozes
26th Oct 2012, 12:56
Heard different info as well, who/what is your source?

turbine100
27th Oct 2012, 08:37
If people stopped paying for type ratings, employers would have pay or perhaps have better terms for bonding or something. Its pretty bad to think initial training can be up to 100K with all the extras and then your being asked to pay another 30K for a rating and sometimes be self employed or be on a temp contract by some airlines.

I know of one person that went through CTC as a cadet and was chopped by UK airline and he was on a temp contract. He ended up going bankrupt at 25 for well over 100K.

At the moment a number of type rated experienced pilots are on the market and looking. Just be very careful.

B73
14th Nov 2012, 11:54
As a former airBaltic TR student then subsequently called back for two summer seasons and now on a permanent contract, I can confidently say quoted numbers and a few details are just a little off. I believe the final number who were offered extended temporary contracts this year (2012/13), was 16 and a further 7 offered permanent contracts.

Quality of the training is as should be expected from a TRTO and not only do they use the CL sim in house, they also use the training facility CPH for NG training when and if required.

The 73 fleet BT use is obviously getting on a little however they are very well maintained aircraft and for the most part are a pleasure to fly.

I have nothing bad to say about the company, the people or the types they operate and am quite happy in my position with the company.

All those looking to join, best wishes!

vsersen
21st Nov 2012, 13:41
I'm thinking about going to do the 737 CL+NG TR.

No RYR for me
22nd Nov 2012, 08:07
Think really hard before paying...
EC investigates airBaltic restructuring | ATWOnline (http://atwonline.com/international-aviation-regulation/news/ec-investigates-airbaltic-restructuring-1120)

lyon
28th Nov 2012, 22:29
Hi, I will attend TR on the 7th of JAN and want to go through diff to NG too. Have special rate fm czech airjob personal pilot agency airjob. Other possibility is TR with Air Baltic and diff to NG with BT in CZ with TVS guys :-) . Price almost the same. Would You join?:ok:

Mozes
29th Nov 2012, 10:39
I wonder how many people have completed the TR before the first group of LT candidates will assembled, and thus how many people will be kindly thanked for their interest in BT... heard numbers in the range of 40-45 LT FO's that would be needed next year... but how many have completed their TR course already?

Does anyone have information regarding the airBaltic assessment which also determines if you may continue with LT or not?

ufon
29th Nov 2012, 13:08
Hi Lyon, can you give me your contact? Maybe I could be interested in the type rating and BT with travel. Thx

Raccatto
29th Nov 2012, 19:15
No RYR for me,,

Your information is very useful,.
also because i will join the program very soon, and may be of great concern for me!.

mumble mumble, maybe there may be some true facts,
but I'm also used to think below the surface.or maybe i'm a stupid.

Air Baltic, a line training program that works *right now * for 6000 €, few money if you think to some other players..
some other companies or antagonist entities who has urged the European Commission, at this very moment, to investigate. ?
You know,, I think there 's a lot of people who 's loosing 30,000 euro for a line with this training program.
I do not trust in these sudden searches for truth.
the market at the moment is only cruel.
MORS TUA, VITA MEA . ( your death , my life) sometimes my old latin ancestors were really wise.
I hope that light will be shed. HONESTLY. my opinion is that they are setting in motion a commercial war.

Wesker
1st Dec 2012, 19:29
No RYR for me,,

Your information is very useful,.
also because i will join the program very soon, and may be of great concern for me!.

mumble mumble, maybe there may be some true facts,
but I'm also used to think below the surface.or maybe i'm a stupid.

Air Baltic, a line training program that works *right now * for 6000 €, few money if you think to some other players..
some other companies or antagonist entities who has urged the European Commission, at this very moment, to investigate. ?
You know,, I think there 's a lot of people who 's loosing 30,000 euro for a line with this training program.
I do not trust in these sudden searches for truth.
the market at the moment is only cruel.
MORS TUA, VITA MEA . ( your death , my life) sometimes my old latin ancestors were really wise.
I hope that light will be shed. HONESTLY. my opinion is that they are setting in motion a commercial war.

Raccatto:

You can not just join this program. Do you understand this? You have to pay the TRTO for TR and they will assess and grade you during your training. Then you need to pass the different psychological assessments and be recommended by the psychologist.

Then IF they need pilots, Air Baltic and not the TRTO will consider taking in line training students who meet all their criteria.

So there is no guarantee to join the program.

tangozero
1st Dec 2012, 20:18
well..I think you don't have to pay LT together with the type...so in case of being "choosen" by Air Baltic... 6000eur seems to be a good prize for 500hr compared to other organizations.
But..how much do they want for the type??

marchetti_310
2nd Dec 2012, 19:24
Is it 6000eur for 500H LT on the 737 because I received another price...:confused:

marchetti_310
2nd Dec 2012, 20:17
Is it 6000eur for a 500H B737LT? Because I received other info about prices... 11000eur for 500h LT on B737 :confused:

Mozes
3rd Dec 2012, 11:09
TRT 737CL 11.250 Euro with a partner coming along.
737NG Difference 1.000 Euro with partner.
Basetraining 6.000 Euro.
Line training 2012 first group; 6000 Euro, later groups; 7500 Euro.

No idea what the numbers of 2013 will be... anyone knows for sure?

Wingguy
5th Dec 2012, 14:01
Hello anybody,

I am doing the course in February, anybody want to be my partner?
I am planning to also do difference training to NG after.

I have now over 3000 hours turboprop...

Regards..

tangozero
7th Dec 2012, 05:56
If only they answered my mail.... it seems strange to me..no reply in 2 weeks :hmm:

vsersen
8th Dec 2012, 15:49
Wingguy!

I'm thinking about doing the course in February. Did you already applied?

Stick35
8th Dec 2012, 16:07
Prices are not that expensive there. I'm wondering what is the catch. 6000 eur for 500h linetraining is a "bargain", the same for the typerating course. Again, what is the catch????

cefey
8th Dec 2012, 18:03
The catch is that you get TR first, but there is no guarantee of LT afterwards. So you may end up with just buying TR from them

Gillin
9th Dec 2012, 12:31
Do you realise with this program you are destroying t&c's of 'future colleagues' in the company that you want to join?

FokkerGirl
9th Dec 2012, 14:56
The catch is that you should be getting a paycheck.

cefey
9th Dec 2012, 23:25
Its about an average wave in Latvia, so it should be possible to live with it.
But thats not the point. Pilots shouldnt live with avg. wages! :D

FlyingStone
10th Dec 2012, 07:53
Its about an average wave in Latvia, so it should be possible to live with it.

Try to live in Riga with 300€/month - it'll be enough to rent a room OR pay for food, but not both.

Mozes
10th Dec 2012, 09:48
As far as I know the E300,- is around the minimal legal wage for Latvia. Since you end up being 'employed' (when doing LT) by airBaltic they have to give you at least that amount of salary. (see this link (https://www.google.nl/publicdata/explore?ds=ml9s8a132hlg_&met_y=minimum_wage&idim=country:lv&fdim_y=currency:eur&dl=en&hl=en&q=minimum%20wage%20latvia))

marchetti_310
10th Dec 2012, 17:45
Figures for 2013 : 400eur gross (+/-270eur net) during LT. 11000eur for 500H of LT if passed the selection!!!!! minus your 7.5 month sallary (270eur/month)
11000 - 2025 = 8975eur for LT! not 6000....

Stick35
10th Dec 2012, 18:26
And i guess you have to do the selection AFTER the typerating????

Adur75
10th Dec 2012, 21:59
for everyone , just to be clear (prices from NOVEMBER 2012)

The Type Rating is: EUR 12.000 + EUR 2.000 for NG Diff. and EUR 6.000 for Base Training (6 touch and go).. that's 20.000 EUR TR

IF and only IF you are eligible for the line training course
it's EUR 8.750 - 300x7 (300 eur for 7 months they gave you) =

8.750 - 2100 = 6.650 EUR

Total Cost = 26.650 for 737NG TR and 500 hours but you have to add 7 months for sleeping,eating and living.

tangozero
11th Dec 2012, 05:32
In the end I think we have to consider 30000 eur "all inclusive". :ugh: The only difference with ryanair is that Ryan offers you a 5 year contract.

Wingguy
11th Dec 2012, 12:15
Does anyone know the schedule you work on while doing linetraining?
Do you get free/cheaper tickets with Airbaltic, and then how often?

Wingguy
21st Dec 2012, 09:43
Anybody knows where to buy a boeing 737 classic poster???
Preferably some internet store in Europe, the shipping cost from us is very expensive.

Thanks

Nuovomondo
4th Jan 2013, 13:41
Hi!

Who knows the rosters schedule during the line training in AB, it would important for me.. (eg. 6-1,5-2? , hoursxday ,total days off in a month,, etc. )
thank you very much in advance , a good day.!

iDuckHunter
8th Jan 2013, 19:50
Great to see some random guys in a forum writing about ways to screw up the aviation industry just to feed their hunger of shiny turbine jets.
I WISH THE EASA SETS A LAW OF MINIMUM 1500H FOR COPILOTS.

Anunaki
8th Jan 2013, 22:29
listen up,all you have to do is to set up an account on LinkedIn or any other jobsearch website and search first officers,you'll find hundreds if not thousands of ex-Air Baltic pilots,500hrs and struggling to secure employment,the reason is obvious....so let them do it,karma can be a b:mad: sometimes and they will find out once Baltic let them go,once someone else pays for the next 500,such is life..

Toniopilot
12th May 2013, 20:40
It's too late now... People that apply for Type rating are initially informed that they do not have Line Training after...

Nuovomondo
13th May 2013, 13:07
Absolutely confirmed.
I had the same answer.

Stopped- line training after type rating due to pressure from Latvian CAA and internal problems.
&& the discounted summer type rating offer is another strong evidence. Now They 're having a down trend for their product.

BYe. -

RedBullGaveMeWings
13th May 2013, 14:50
So that statement about Latvian CAA blocking P2F waa true??? All the other CAAs in Europe must follow up!

The WindJet A320 that landed short of runway in PMO some years ago had one of the worst CRM I have ever heard of and the FO was a P2F bloke.

rej1977
27th Jun 2013, 08:12
Hallo pilots!

I'm one of the guys who have been selected for the line training after type rating.
I started company course on 8th of April and right now I flew more then 120 hours.
OK, is nothing, but I began flying on 18th of may!
Other 6 guys started their line training a couple of weeks ago so, please don't say bull***t and write serious information or shut up.:D
This is not correct for your colleagues.

marchetti_310
27th Jun 2013, 10:20
Hi, rej1977

How much did you pay for the all thing (TR 737 CL + 300h LT)?
Did you get a "small" salary during your LT?
Tks for the info...

B-737
14th Apr 2014, 12:37
Hello

Any one has air baltic trto contact? They never answer to mails

lalbak
10th Dec 2015, 14:42
Anybody got the latest scoop on AirBaltic? I've been invited to an assessment for captain Q400, non rated and meeting just the minimum requirements. Can't say I read too many positive stories and can't find any recent experience on working at AB, especially as an expat.

cheers

daDoki
25th Jan 2016, 19:34
Well lalbak,

I can offer you a view from 2014 when I finished working for BT in November and also what I have heard from my excolleagues recently.

The situation was very dramatical for captains on Q400 as they had a real shortage which continues until nowadays. Reason: simple. Too many flight hours(90h./m.) and no future on the jet within the company.
Captains on Q400 were trying to get a command on jet (B737CL) however this was impossible as there is still a huge amount of CPTs on CL so the only way was to get command on a jet in other company. Most of the captains went to Turkey.
Offer: stable roster, almost every day back in Riga, expect 5-9 overnights. Depends on the summer/winter schedule and instructor rating, if any.

ENG.3_start
5th Feb 2016, 08:12
Hello!
I recently had an assessment for a Q400 position, after three weeks they told me that I have been rated according to company's standards and that I will be placed in the standby pool.

Does anyone know something more about this standby pool? Is there a real chance to be called for future employment?

Thank you guys!
Bye

P40Warhawk
6th Feb 2016, 12:24
I send in an e mail to inquire about TR training. To few different e mail adresses. Called few times. No answer.

seven3
6th Feb 2016, 14:22
ENG3 you have got PM